WIP Wednesday #8

IMG_2316

It’s Wednesday again! Let’s get WIPpy!

Well, I didn’t make a lot of progress this week. Do I sound like a broken record yet? I was out of town for the long weekend—you know, partying like it was 2011 (yeah, right). But after the scream-fest that was the car ride to our destination, courtesy of my 20-month-old, I suspect we are not leaving the area again for quite some time. Perhaps that will mean some completions for me next week? Time will tell …

New Projects:

Dresden pillow from Miss E.
Dresden blocks are all the rage in blogland—I’ve been seeing them everywhere!

I’m totally kidding, it’s really just us {Sew} Beautiful bee ladies. Although it actually does seem like I’ve been seeing them everywhere, since we’ve all been making practice blocks before doing our January blocks for Cherie. Go check out our flickr group to see more amazing Dresdens. This is as far as I’ve gotten on mine, but when I showed it to Miss E. and told her I was making it into a pillow for her bed, she kinda flipped—she started laughing and clapping and squealing. Then she asked me if it was going to be done today. So clearly this one can’t stay on the WIP list very long.

Ongoing Projects:

Urban Lattice Quilt Along. Soooo happy with this one. Read all about it in my post from yesterday.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley quilt
Modern Meadow Baby Quilt
Fall Equinox (Fat Quarterly quilt-along quilt)

Still didn’t do anything with these:
That Girl quilt-along
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress – 8 (up one from last week)

Okay, your turn! Just do your own blog post featuring one or more WIPs, and link it up below. I love to see new faces here, so come join the fun! Just remember to link back to my blog and comment on some of the other links. For more about WIP Wednesday, click here. Have a wonderful week, and happy sewing!

1. fallingforpieces
    fallingforpieces says:

I made so many dresdens when my grandmother first taught me to quilt that I've refused to make them for a good five years now. I think I'm ready to get back to them with some modern fabric. I've been lovin' all the modern takes on it in the blogosphere.
    And excited to be linking up for my first WIP Wednesday 🙂

2. Flo @ Butterfly Quilting
    Flo @ Butterfly Quilting says:

I am new in blogland, and not sure how to add a link, but am back at work this week, so my WIP will be sitting on my ironing board for a while longer !!
    I love the Dresden plate. My mom (who just passed away at 95) left me an old old Dresden Plate quilt – hand quilted and with real wool inside. I have been wanting to make a new version…..maybe a tutorial???

3. Phone Home Designs by ET
    Phone Home Designs by ET says:

It seems like people are really into making the older blocks like Dresden, hexagons, and in my case, Cathedral Windows look fresh and modern. I love your pink fabrics! If only I had a stash, but poor recently graduated college kids like me can still dream of fabric!

4. Diane
    Diane says:

I had to go check out your FFA post… I can not get enough of the pictures of that project. It is going to be a fabulous quilt.

No wonder Ms. E is excited … I wish someone would make me an awesome pillow like that!

5. Megan
    Megan says:

Love the FFA quilt and can't wait to see more! Aren't those dresden's so fun to make. I am sure you can already tell, I am a little hooked. 🙂

6. Melanie
    Melanie says:

I love seeing all of the Dresdan plates all over blogland! I really, really, want to make a DP quilt out of my Hope Valley collection, but they look a little complicated to me. What do you think, are they too hard for a newbie?

As usual your quilts are beautiful! I can't wait to see the FFA Lattice and your completed block for the bee! Thanks for hosting WIP Wednesday!