WIP Wednesday #9

IMG_2455

Welcome to another scintillating episode of WiP Wednesday. As addictive as Real Housewives … if they quilted. And were too polite to overturn dinner tables. And went grocery shopping, and carpooled to preschool, and spent too much time watching the rest of the Bravo reality tv schedule.

Okay, maybe that’s not such a good comparison. Anyway, on with the WIPs.

Ongoing Projects

Urban Lattice Quilt
My FFA Urban Lattice quilt is so close to being done, I can almost taste it. But it’s not there yet. I’ve been forcing myself to work slowly as I put these blocks together—I want everything to line up perfectly on this one.

New Projects
Sliced Coins Quilt-Along
Elizabeth’s doing a quilt-along, and look what I’m bringing to the party: I’ve got Pips and I’m not afraid to use ’em! I’m doing Moda Bella Solids in Blue Raspberry for the sashing.

Central Park quilt
Oh, and I have big plans for this humble little jelly roll here. Big plans involving many sketches.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley quilt
Modern Meadow Baby Quilt
Fall Equinox (Fat Quarterly quilt-along quilt)

Nearing UFO status:
That Girl quilt-along
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 3
Completed projects – 1 (Bloom Pillow)
Currently in progress – 10 (up two from last week)

Your turn. Link up any post with one or more works in progress—just be sure to link back to here and comment on some of the other links. Happy WIP Wednesday!

1. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Ooooh, I love that little Central Park jelly roll. I love your new wip, the king size Intersections quilt. I can't wait to see how that turns out, it sounds awesome! And yes, I think we are just as fascinating as the Real Housewives…quilting can be just as dramatic, right? 🙂

2. Becky
    Becky says:

Your urban lattice quilt is looking great! I have a hard time slowing down towards the end too. I get way to excited and impatient.
    Good luck with your King size. I just finished mine and it's a bear to work with such a big quilt!
    Love your Central Park jelly roll. I just cut into mine and know that line is going to be a budge buster this year!

3. A.J. Dub.
    A.J. Dub. says:

I can't wait to see the urban lattice all done! I am pretty sure I will be joining in the sliced coins as well, just need my background fabric.
    I am jealous you got Central Park! Love that line.

Great fabric choices for your mom's quilt. I am still scared to mix lines. I will be doing it on the sliced coins though, since I am using random fats from my stash.

4. Leila
    Leila says:

Oh, I am having fabric envy. Urban Lattice = lovely. Pips!!! Those browns, swoon. And I love Central Park. What fun projects! 🙂

Your Urban Lattice Quilt looks great! I can't wait to see it finished! I love that Central Park jelly roll! I was torn between that and It's a Hoot for the psiquilt quilt along, thanks for hosting WIP Wednesday!!

6. Marjorie's Busy Corner
    Marjorie's Busy Corner says:

the urban lattice quilt is going to be beautiful!! I get my carpet laid tomorrow..then look out…lol….I am so anxious to get at my quilt tops….thanks for this posting…I thoroughly enjoy reading them; even though I can't take part as of yet….a pleasure

7. traci
    traci says:

ACK! The idea of really tallying up my in progress stuff scares me! 😀 I love the urgan lattice quilt and can't wait to see your sherbet pips quilt, too!

8. Christie, Describe Happy
    Christie, Describe Happy says:

Great progress! I too have Central Park hanging out with me (charm pack). I resisted cutting it today, so that it technically wouldn't be a WiP yet, ha! Thanks for hosting this, I enjoy collecting my thoughts about my projects each week!

9. Thearica
    Thearica says:

Love that King Size Intersections quilt in progress! Kinf size quilts are always a handful but it is going to be beautiful on your mom's bed!

10. edeenut
    edeenut says:

Your WIP posts are always so motivating to me. I love reading what you have in the works.
    I've never made a king size quilt before, but you're sure brave.

Comments are closed.