WIP Wednesday #15

It’s Wednesday again! Here’s what’s happening in my world …

Ongoing projects:

DQS 10
I paper-pieced another little section for my DQS swap quilt. I think it turned out cute—too bad I have no idea what to do with it. I wanted it to piece it onto the other curved section I made (seen here), but I quickly discovered that wasn’t going to work. It was just WAY too bulky where all of those seams came together. So now I need to rethink my entire plan for this quilt. Which is fine, since that plan was pretty half-baked in the first place. I guess this is what happens when you don’t sketch anything out first. It goes sketch, then sew, Lee. So my next step is to sit down with my sketch book and the pieces I’ve already made, and see what I come up with. Stay tuned.

Operation Stash Reorganization
Getting there. Slowly but surely. Having completely underestimated the sheer volume of my stash, I used up all of my comic book boards and then had to wait for more to arrive. Yeesh, I have a lot of fabric. There is no reason for me to buy any more fabric in the near future. Possibly ever. But that’s the problem: I have never needed reasons to buy fabric. So I need to start coming up with stash projects. Fortunately, I have at least two in mind that hopefully you will see here very soon.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Hope Valley (Hey, want to make this quilt? I’m going to have a quilt-along announcement in the next few weeks!)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow

On hold for now:
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 1 (my Sliced Coins quilt)
Currently in progress – 10 (down one from last week)

So how about it? What are you working on this week? Just link up a post with one or more works-in-progress. Don’t forget to link back here to my blog and to comment on some of the other links. Let’s whip those WIPs into shape!

1. Thearica
    Thearica says:

Love your Sliced Coins! My MIL's 80th birthday is coming up in April and I bought some fabrics to make her a quilt. This might be a competitor when I decide on a pattern!

The curved piece looks like a little princess crown to me… Love those fabrics.

The quilt along will be fun.. Love the pattern..How will you quilt it?

2. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Yes, please, I do want to make your Hope Valley quilt – how much fabric do I need?? I love your little curved piece…maybe you can turn it into something else at some point? And I totally know what you mean about underestimating your stash. I had to go back to the comic book place three times to get enough of those boards for my stash. I can't wait to see yours when it's all done! 🙂

3. Teje
    Teje says:

Hi Lee, how nice to see you! I love to see your beautiful quilts and fabrics! That first piece is fantastic! I usually make first and then continue to plan…I know wrong way…but for me it works. Like that I get much more and better new ideas! Who knows what new you'll create with that interesting block!
    Thank you for hosting – I'll go to add my link.
    Sunny wishes!

4. Becky
    Becky says:

oh, i love all your progress. And wow do you have a lot of green! You should make a green quilt for the monochromatic challenge!!
    I'm afraid of that. I got my comic book backers and I'm scared to dig in and see just how much I actually have!

5. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

That Hope Valley quilt is going to be stunning!

Jennifer 🙂

PS… I so need to join here on Wednesdays but I break out in hives everytime I start to make my WIP list LOL

6. Debbie
    Debbie says:

Love your greens! That's what I have alot of in my stash too. Anxious to see what 'stash' quilt you do next.

Also – will watch for your quilt along – what an unusual pattern!

And btw, your sliced coins quilt is a great 'finish' for the week!

Your DQS work looks awesome! Those curved little pieces are adorable, you always have great ideas so I'm sure you'll come up with something amazing! Isn't it funny how you grossly underestimate number of fabrics in your stash?? I think I need to get some of those comic book boards, I'm sure it will look fabulous when its complete…like your own personal fabric shop! Thanks for hosting 🙂

I have loved that Hope Valley quilt since the first time I saw it so count me in on the quiltalong.

I haven't linked up in weeks, it seems – too much else happening so I'm stalled on pretty much all my WIPs. That should change this weekend – RETREAT! WOOO!

9. Megan
    Megan says:

Oh gosh you have so many great things going on! 🙂 I really can't wait to see your mom's quilt, those fabrics are gorgeous. As always, thanks for hosting!