, ,

Wrapped in Hope Quilt

IMG_3054-1

My quilt for “Wrapped In Hope” is now complete.

This quilt is a birthday gift for Alissa, who is turning 12 on March 4. Like all “Wrapped In Hope” participants, Alissa has a parent who is in prison. I’ll be sending this quilt directly to Alissa … along with a birthday card that I’ll sign from her absent mom.

Alissa loves dogs, horses, art, and the color blue. I hope that means she will love this quilt. The blue solid I used for the sashing, borders, and binding is Moda Bella Solids in Blue Raspberry.

I adore all the little surprises when you look closely at these prints—this little hedgehog is my absolute favorite.

I almost like the back more than the front. I hope Alissa won’t mind the dark gray solid that I used (Kona Coal), but I just couldn’t resist, it looked so sharp with the leftover blue Pips prints. And I love how the white quilting shows up so well back there (although, admittedly, that means you can really see the flaws, too!).

All in all, everything about this quilt just says “12-year-old girl” to me, from the Sherbet Pips prints and the modern, blocky design to the fun wavy-line quilting. Thank you to my wonderful bloggy friend Elizabeth—her Sliced Coins quilt-along provided the perfect design.

And happy birthday, Alissa. I hope you have as much fun on your birthday as I had making this quilt for you.

1. melissa
    melissa says:

Wow , what a stunner! Love the blue prints with the coal – it looks fantastic and such a lovely gift for a young girl , im sure it will be cherished!

2. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Awww, Lee, this is gorgeous!!! Alissa is going to be so excited when she sees this quilt. What a lucky little girl! You were totally right, the back is just stunning! Super fab job, as always. 🙂

3. Di~
    Di~ says:

What an awesome quilt! I absolutely love it! A good cause, but I sure find it hard to give away after all the time and work. Good job.

Lucky Alissa! That quilt is beautiful, and the back is awesome. I love the simplicity of a solid back with a pieced stripe, so simple but such a stunning effect!

5. Angie
    Angie says:

Very pretty! I wasn't able to quilt it last night, so I missed the link up. Oh well, I will just need to make sure I finish…and soon! Great job on your quilt. I like the look of the larger one; compared to the smaller…very pretty!

6. Teje
    Teje says:

Hello Lee! This is so beautiful quilt! I'm sure she'll love it! I love also all the qute details in those lovely fabrics and the grey back is perfect for the contrast.
    Thank you so much for your always sweet comments!
    Have a sunny weekend! Teje

7. AnneMarie
    AnneMarie says:

I've been thinking about a design I want to do for my MIL on a pillow. Mixing modern and traditional. I think I just found the right inspiration in your 3wonky stars block! Love it!

8. Kirsten N
    Kirsten N says:

Love your coins quilt!!! I have just used some dark grey for sashings and borders in a quilt top and was wondering which colour thread to quilt with, but i like the contrast with the white thread on your quilt back so I think I'll use it too:)

Comments are closed.