WIP Wednesday #17

IMG_3296

Welcome to WIP Wednesday, where I attempt to tame the chaos by making a happy little list. Won’t you join me?

Ongoing projects:DQS 10
My DQS quilt top is almost done, but wouldn’t you know it, I ran out of the solid I was using for the background. I used one of the fat quarters I got from Gen X Quilters‘ Kona swap—thank you to whoever sent Kona Banana!—but of course, a FQ wasn’t enough. And naturally, there’s not a single store in the greater Milwaukee area that deigns to carry Kona Banana (and I know, because I called them all). So I’m patiently waiting for more arrive on my doorstep, but until then I’m at a standstill. I considered taking a picture of everything I have done so far, but I think I’d rather wait and unveil it when it’s completely finished. So you get this little sneak peek instead. Sorry. : )Project Selvage
I got a fun new toy to help with this one—a Wacom Intuos4 pressure-sensitive drawing tablet. I draw, and it magically appears on my computer screen. I’ve wanted one of these for ages, and my Project Selvage entry seemed like a good excuse to finally go for it. Now I just need some time to sit down and use it!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow

On hold … still:
Blockapalooza
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1 (Stash organization is complete! Yay!!!)
Currently in progress – 11 (same as last week)

Okay, let’s see what you’ve all got! Link up your WIPs—as always, don’t forget to link back here, and go check out all the other links. Happy sewing!

1. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Oooh, I'm really digging your DQS quilt, I can tell it's going to be stunning. I bet that Wacom is going to super fun to play around with, I can't wait to see what you design for Project Selvage! 🙂

2. Becky
    Becky says:

I can almost never find the solids that I need in person.I'm guessing it's just because there are so many?
    Definitely can't wait to see what you do with your doodle tool, that's cool.

3. AnneMarie
    AnneMarie says:

Yay for being able to use something from the Kona Swap….sorry it wasn't enough! Just wait til you see what I did with some of that Farmdale you included for me! Not sure if I ever said Thank you!

4. LynCC
    LynCC says:

Do you mind if I join in on the WIP bandwagon? I'm keeping motivated to finish up a MONSTER list of UFO's that were scattered throughout my storage areas so I can dive whole-heartedly into a modern quilting phase. You can take my link-up off if you didn't want more people at this point. 😀

5. Debbie
    Debbie says:

Love your Hope Valley and Modern Meadow quilts! Modern Meadow is very similar to my "chain gang" quilt – a very fun (not to mention quick & easy!) pattern to make. I like that you used a variety of fabrics.

6. Bree
    Bree says:

I can't wait to see the finished DQS top! I'm glad you were able to find the fabric online, but too bad you have to wait for it to get to you. Sounds like something that would happen to me!

7. Phone Home Designs by ET
    Phone Home Designs by ET says:

I just realized that Hobby Lobby carries Robert Kaufman Kona cottons. You should have seen the smile on my face! I know there's been some heated discussion about what type of "kona" is being sold at JoAnn, but the bolt had the RK logo on it. I'll be getting some for another Central Park project in the future!