WIP Wednesday #23

IMG_3968

Gettin’ WIPpy with it …

New projects:
These strip sets are hoping to become teeny pieced squares. This little project is coming together quickly, so you should be seeing more of this one very soon.

Ongoing projects:

Supernova Quilt-Along
Piecing the back as we speak! Can’t wait to show it off!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow

On hold … yeah, yeah.
Blockapalooza
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress – 10 (up one from last week)

Oh, one more thing—I just have to be a proud mommy for a minute and show off this “quilt” that my daughter made! Future fabric designer right here, amiright? : ) I didn’t suggest that she do this or give her any direction—this was all her. I love how some of her “prints” are even cut off at the edges of the “blocks,” just like they would be with actual cut pieces of fabric. How I love this kid!

Okay, let’s see ’em! Link up any post featuring a work in progress. Don’t forget to link back to my blog and please comment on some of the other links.

1. My Sweet Prairie
    My Sweet Prairie says:

You are so bad! TEN in progress!? I have to stop that madness. lol : ) I recently heard a presentation by a woman who said she does ONE project at a time only, ever. Oh how I covet her! Once my current commissions are done, I'm taking things one at a time. I can't stand this multitasking pressure.

p.s. Thanks for doing this WIP wed Lee. ; ) It's lots fun.

~Monika in Canada

2. Linz
    Linz says:

That Drawing is beautiful!! My daughter "designs" quilts for me a lot too. SOmethime, I am determined to turn one into a real quilt!! 🙂

GREAT projects! Can't wait to see more of the strip project!!

3. Inspiredbyfelix
    Inspiredbyfelix says:

You know you're going to have to turn that design into a real quilt don't you?! Get searching for fabrics that match, or scan that lovely picture in and then you can print your little lady's exact design onto fabric!

4. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

OMG, I love E's drawing!! So pretty!!! Are you going to make it come to fruition in fabric? That would be so sweet 🙂 I love your strippy project, can't wait to see what it turns into!

5. Bree
    Bree says:

I feel like such a slacker I shouldn't even link up this week…ugh!

I can't wait to see what those first pieces are going to become. Those colors are just gorgeous.

Your daughter's picture is great! Most kids won't make their designs run off the page/area like that, that's fantastic she notices small details like that!

6. Eleni
    Eleni says:

Hi!!! I'm a new follower, just catching up:) This is the first time I'm linking here…
    Your daughter's quilt drawing is AMAZING!! Color and pattern combinations are so cute!! You are absolutely right, about future fabric designer!!
    Thank you so much for hosting this party!!
    Eleni

7. Karen
    Karen says:

I have no WIP today so it's a decision making wednesday for me, please click on 'opinions please…' above to have your say on which direction my next project will take! :o)

8. Meredith
    Meredith says:

Love the colors of your new project! Can't wait to see more!

Also, your daughter's quilt is awesome! Love how attentive to detail she is– like all the different patterns, the pieces cut out, and like you said, the images cut off– you deff have an artist on your hands!

9. Kelli
    Kelli says:

Thanks for making me laugh with the WIPpy comment! And I love your daughter's picture. How precious! My kids like to get on my Electric Quilt program and design, but they've never just made their own.