WIP Wednesday #24

IMG_4202

Oh, Wednesday. Why must you sneak up on me so quickly every week?

New projects:

Bee blocksI finished up my {Sew} Beautiful and String Me Along blocks this week, and now working on these bright, fun string blocks for Do. Good Stitches.

Ongoing projects:

Modern Meadow baby quiltHand-stitching the binding on as we speak. So I should have a finished quilt for you by next week. This will be my 4th finish of the year, which means I’m more or less still on track for 12 finished quilts in 2011.

Supernova Quilt-Along
All basted, and I’m about to start the quilting. It’s so exciting to be finishing this up! And I have been blown away by the finished tops and quilts showing up in the Flickr group! Beautiful work, ladies!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

On hold … yeah, yeah.
Blockapalooza
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1 (bee blocks)
Completed projects – 1 (Mosaic Squares shower curtain)
Currently in progress – 10 (same as last week)

You’re up! Let’s see what you’ve got going this week. Remember to link back to my blog in your post, and please comment on the other links. Happy sewing!

1. Becky
    Becky says:

Oh that stack of fabrics is just gorgeous! Why are colors so inspiring! That makes me want to make something! I'm excited to see some more finished supernovas too, they are all looking so spectacular.

2. Bree
    Bree says:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets caught off-guard by Wednesdays!

That baby quilt is going to be absolutely great. And way to go for being on track for 12 quilts, I'm definitely impressed!

Your baby quilt is so pretty!
    And I'm really looking forward to seeing how you quilt the Supernova . . . I've got mine almost ready to baste, but can't decide how to quilt it!

4. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

Just wanted to say thank you for doing this each week. I love to come over and see what everyone is working on! It also keeps me inspired to work on projects since I mentioned them on my WIP list! Thanks for being here every week!

5. Marsha S
    Marsha S says:

hello! I went on a search for a new WIP to participate in since the one I've been doing, she seems to have stopped doing it.
    I am wondering…is yours all about quilting only? That seems to be what I see in the linky. I am doing quilts, but I also have other projects going on all the time as well. Looking forward to going and checking out some of the others in the linky, but I can already tell that I pale in comparison on the quilts I make to what they are making! I am so a beginner and will probably always stay that way, doing the simple things.

I hear you on Wednesday being sneaky and popping up so suddenly like it does! As evidenced by my lack of timely WIP post. Will hopefully get one done tonight. C'est la vie, I guess.

Love your baby quilt – MM is one of my fave lines. Can't wait to see how you quilt your Supernova (I need ideas!!).