WIP Wednesday #25

Wednesday again! How’s your list looking this week?

New projects:

Mod Times Quilt-AlongEven though there a many other things I should be doing, I jumped into Twin Fibers’ Mod Times Quilt-Along this week. Not only do I love this design, it also offers the chance to learn how to make set-in seams. Having that skill seems like it could open up a lot of new design possibilities for me.

I’m also hoping this quilt will serve as a baby gift which is long overdue (the baby’s 6 weeks old already!). So I decided to bust out my beautiful stack of Aviary 2 in girly purples and greens. My blocks are all sewn and I’m ready for the next step! I am so happy with how it’s looking so far! I decided to take a chance on the green woodgrain print for the block borders—and wow, I love how it takes such a modern design and gives it a little rustic twist. So cool!

Ongoing projects:
Modern Meadow baby quiltOops, I had hoped to have this done by now, but I’m still hand-stitching binding. I haven’t logged as much couch time as usual, and that’s prime hand-stitching time for me. : ) Unfortunately this means that I had no quilt finish in April. But I’m hoping to make up for it by having two (or maybe even more?) in May!

Supernova Quilt-Along
Ditto. It’s basted and ready to go, just need to jump in. May 12 looms!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

On hold … yeah, yeah.
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1 (bee blocks)
Currently in progress – 10 (same as last week)

You’re turn! Just a few quick reminders: 1) Please link to a post from the past week containing a work in progress. Yep, I’m the weirdo who doesn’t want a linky full of finishes. : ) It’s okay if your post contains finishes, but it must also contain at least one unfinished item. 2) Please link back to my blog in your post. 3) Comment on some of the other links. 4) Enjoy!

1. Julie
    Julie says:

I was admiring your Mod Times quilt on Flickr earlier this evening, it is gorgeous!!! The green woodgrain really makes that quilt. This is the second time I've had some fabric in my stash that I was unsure of what to do with and saw something on your blog that made me want to start cutting it up right away! I'm also a fan of your Far Far Away Lattice quilt. Great work Lee!!

2. Leanne
    Leanne says:

That Mod Times QAL was hard to resist, and your blocks sure look wonderful! I am looking forward to seeing your Supernova all done, the colours are so outstanding, quilting should only make it all better.

3. Jessica
    Jessica says:

Your Mod Times quilt looks fantastic! What is the solid you are using? I am trying to decide on a solid to go with my stash of Avairy 2!
    I can't believe it is Wednesday again already.

4. Becky
    Becky says:

love your mod quilt! Great fabrics for this. Why does this have in-set seams, it's all straight edges? in-set seams are 'y seams' right? I'll have to check out the qal. Yours is really cool!

5. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Your Mod Times top looks so amazing!!! I love the use of the woodgrain, it makes the whole design just pop even more 🙂 I can't wait to see how you wind up quilting and binding your Supernova, too. Happy WiP Wednesday!

6. ~Carla~
    ~Carla~ says:

Ooohhhh!!! Your Aviary2 quilt is GORGEOUS!!! I just bought some of that fabric! Love it! 🙂 I can't get over how talented you are…. I can't wait till I can do some of the stuff you do! lol!

7. Marjorie's Busy Corner
    Marjorie's Busy Corner says:

Oh my Lee…..just when I think I've see it all!! I love the Mod Times quilt…just beautiful..and so is your Super Nova…I am so behind in getting at more quilts right now…this time of year…so much to do outside….but I just love them….you are a super girl there…..

I'm loving your Mod Times quilt! I had resisted joining that quilt-along thus far, but I'm not sure I'll be able to hold off much longer! The green woodgrain looks awesome.

9. LynCC
    LynCC says:

Wow!!! That's gorgeous. It makes me think of little pieces of art framed and highlighted against a white paper screen wall, almost like an Okinawa modern traditional home.

10. kwiltmakr
    kwiltmakr says:

I saw that quilt at Twin Fibers. I would love to make that sometime in the future. Yours is very nice. It would be nice to have as a baby gift because of the size of it. I like the Aviary line of fabrics too.

11. Val Campbell
    Val Campbell says:

Your modern meadow quilt is going to be delicious!!! I think it is a-ok that you didn't finish a quilt in April. You definitely weren't sitting around doing nothing…that's for sure!!! 🙂

12. Kimberly White
    Kimberly White says:

I really like your Mod Times quilt! And I've been sitting on the couch this week hand sewing on the binding for my master bedroom quilt. I think my kids are enjoying the fact that I'm watching movies with them (sorta watching =)! Have a great day!

13. Linda
    Linda says:

Oh! I definitely love your Mod Times Quilt Along! Those are wonderful colors! Likewise, I like the circle of geese, green on white block you made for a swap. Just super stuff, Lee. It's all so inspiring!

14. Teje
    Teje says:

Hello Lee! That quilt top is beautiful and I love the fabrics! I saw that earlier and didn't pay attention how it's sewn – better go to look again.
    Thank you again for a great party! It's so nice to see all the lovely works of yours and the other ladies!
    Have a sunny time! Teje

15. Dee
    Dee says:

The purple and greens are just fantastic together! What a fun way to learn a new skill!

The Supernova, is, of course, beautiful!

16. Melinda
    Melinda says:

I love your color combinations on the Mod Times quilt top. Beautiful! That green really makes the colors pop and helps the white stand out.

17. Amy
    Amy says:

I like the fabrics for your mod times quilt. thank you for diong this WIP. I really like seeing what others are working on.