, ,

WIP Wednesday #26

IMG_4445

Ack. Wednesday? I’m not ready! Well, it’s gonna be a short one from me this week—it’s been all quilting up in here, all week long.

Ongoing projects:

Supernova Quilt-Along
Quilting, quilting, more quilting. Oh, and also? Quilting. I chose to do the converging lines, a decision that has me questioning whether I was of sound mind at the time. Also wondering how much quilting I can do before I actually burn out the motor on my poor sewing machine?

Modern Meadow baby quiltStill hand-stitching that binding. This quilt has been painfully slow into the finish line. I am so ready to get this one off the list, but I’ve been too busy with Supernova!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

On hold … yeah, yeah.
Blockapalooza
Central Park jelly roll quilt
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 1 (Mod Times)
Currently in progress – 9 (down one from last week)

Again, my apologies for not commenting on all the links last week. It’s always such a bummer when I don’t have time to get around to them all. Blame Supernova for being so demanding about how it wanted to be quilted. : )

Anyway, I can’t wait to see what you’ve got this week! Just a few quick reminders: 1) Please link to a post from the past week containing a work in progress. Yep, I’m the weirdo who doesn’t want a linky full of finishes. : ) It’s okay if your post contains finishes, but it must also contain at least one unfinished item. 2) Please link back to my blog in your post. 3) Comment on some of the other links. 4) Enjoy!

1. kwiltmakr
    kwiltmakr says:

Your Supernova will be so nice when it is all quilted. That is a lot of quilting on there and it does take a lot of time but well worth the time. I saw your Modern Meadow baby quilt and it was so nice.

2. Megan
    Megan says:

Dense straight-line quilting always seems like a good idea at the time, right? I think I have straight-line quilting amnesia – I always forget how time-consuming it is. Luckily, the finished effect is so dramatic. Super Nova is going to be one rockin' quilt when you're done!

3. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

I have absolutely wondered about my motor, too!!! I'm sure your machine will survive 🙂 I love your Supernova sneak peek, it looks fantastic so far. Can't wait for the full reveal!

4. Phone Home Designs by ET
    Phone Home Designs by ET says:

Lee your straight line quilting looks perfect! I've realized my straight line quilting stinks and I'd much rather do a meandering design because if I mess up it doesn't glare at me every time I look at it 😀 You'll have to give me some tips sometime.

5. Delilah
    Delilah says:

I have a quilt that I did straight line quilting on and I swear my machine was going to start smoking!!! But it kept trucking along and the quilt was done and it was happilly ever after ending!

All that quilting will be so worth it when its finished! I find straight line quilting to be so tedious sometimes, but it is just stunning in the end! Can't wait to see it completed