Quilting Along Again

5781794186_1dca9f0b12-1

I’m joining up with another quilt-along, this one by one of my blogging besties, Elizabeth. A kaleidoscope quilt has been on my to-do list for ages and she’s doing a kaleidoscope quilt-along. Yay! Can’t wait!

So here’s what I’ve got picked out for mine. It’s mostly Silent Cinema, a new line by Jenean Morrison, with some of my favorite stash prints thrown in. I’m using the yellow tone-on-tone print at the bottom instead of a background solid. The Silent Cinema color palette feels so fresh to me right now—I’m loving gray, yellow, and light blue together right now. And I definitely don’t have enough of these soft, lighter blues in my stash.

Can’t wait to get started!

1. Shanna
    Shanna says:

Gorgeous colors!! I never would've put the light blue/yellow/grey together, but it's just beautiful!! I'm quilting along too, can't wait to have it start :o)

Shanna

2. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

I love using tone-on-tones instead of a background solid, it adds great interest. I'm not doing this quilt-a-long because I think it's a little too complicated for me, but a few blogs I am following are and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Also, I think the light blue really freshens up the yellow/gray combo.

3. Staci
    Staci says:

You know, you get me into trouble!
    My Supernova quilt is still in pieces, and here I go, jumping into this quilt along. (Hubby had surgery the week after we did the Supernova cutting, and I've never gotten back to it. Maybe if I commit to a block a week, I can get it done along with this quilt along???)
    I saw your Silent Cinema in a shop last weekend, and it is even prettier than I thought it would be. You'll have a lovely quilt!

4. Bree
    Bree says:

I'm going to try to do this too. I really like the fabrics you've chosen, I haven't settled on anything yet. I like your idea to use a subtle print instead of a solid.

5. merumo
    merumo says:

I'm also in. Your fabrics look farbulous altogether, especially like the idea of using the tone-on-tone print. I haven't 100% decided with the cordinate solid with my prints yet, but it will be fun to see what everyone else comes up with theirs!!

6. Wandering Minstrel
    Wandering Minstrel says:

Okay, y'all have convinced me! I've been seeking an excuse to buy some fabric from a particular fabric line, and I think this QAL will make for a cheerful quilt. AND it's over the summer, so really, I have no excuse, right?