WIP Wednesday #31

Happy Wednesday! What have you been up to for the past week? I had family visiting from out of town from last Thursday until yesterday, so I didn’t do much sewing. But can show you some yummy stacks of fabric. : )

New projects:
Farmer’s Wife Quilt Along
Another week, another quilt-along. My Farmer’s Wife Sampler Quilt book arrived from Amazon today, so you know what that means: Yes, I’m doing the Farmer’s Wife QA too! I know, I can’t stop joining quilt-alongs! It’s a problem. I think I need an intervention. But while we’re waiting for the van that will whisk me off to QA detox, you can check out the stack I pulled for this one. I tried with stick with vintage-y, summer-on-a-farm kind of fabrics—what the farmer’s wife would use if she were fresh and funky. : ) I ended up with Heather Bailey (Fresh Cut and Bijoux), DS prints from Joann’s, and some of the ginghams from Hideaway. Visit Angela or Mrs. Mcporkchop for more information on the Farmer’s Wife quilt-along.

Ongoing projects:
Warm Cool Quilt Along
My squares are all cut and marked for Jeni’s Warm Cool QA. I even made some good progress last night on sewing the HSTs.

Here are my warm squares:

And the cool ones:

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow

On hold:
Secret project (I may be rethinking this one entirely)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 1 (3 x 6 blocks)
Currently in progress – 10

All right, link ’em if you’ve got ’em! Don’t forget to link back to my blog in your post, and comment on some of the other links. Have a lovely Wednesday!

1. Julie
    Julie says:

Your fabric pulls are always so pretty, I'd love to see your stash! Not in person though, I wouldn't want you to have to wash the drool out of it all 🙂

2. Marg
    Marg says:

Love your stacks of fabrics, they are all so very pretty.
    I have joined too many things lately so although i would love to join the Farmers Wife, I'm going to just keep on looking at all the gorgeous blocks appearing on flickr.
    Looking forward to seeing the beautiful quilts that you'll make from these pretties!!!

3. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

A-ha, now Blogger is playing nice!!! I really like your Farmer's Wife stack, can you just picture Heather Bailey on a farm? Talk about fresh and funky! 😉 I can't wait to see you get started on those, and hear all about them!

4. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Wow. Love your fabric choices. Just beautiful. Good luck on Farmer's Wife. I just couldn't add it to my list. I already have several going on and I have several ideas for my own. There's no way I could get my own done and keep up the pace on all these quilt alongs going on. Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

5. M-R
    M-R says:

Beautiful fabric choices for the Warm Cool quilt along. I'm thinking of joining that one too. WIP Wednesday is such a great idea! Thanks for doing it!

6. Kelly Irene
    Kelly Irene says:

I love the fabrics you chose for the FWQA! Are you using FQs or half yards? I really really want to join this one, but with everything else on my "to-do" list, it is going to have to wait. I'm looking forward to seeing your blocks though.

I just adore your stacks for the values quilt. I also adore your fabrics for the FWQA. I'm so torn between Bliss and a more scappy stack. I haven't started any blocks because I just can't decide.

8. Kelly
    Kelly says:

Thanks for hosting Lee! You have the best fabrics, so bright and cheery! I haven't joined a QAL yet, but there are so many good ones! If only I didn't have a 100 projects of my own design floating around in my head 🙂

9. Kate S.
    Kate S. says:

Love your farmer's wife fabrics! I am trying to resist the siren song of the QAL and so far have only signed up for Elizabeth's… we'll see if I can continue to resist all these other fun ones!

10. Jenniffier
    Jenniffier says:

Your fabric choices look wonderful! I too am interested in the farmer's wife quilt along but I have already over committed myself. I don't want to fall any further behind.

11. Laura
    Laura says:

I love your choices for the Farmer's Wife QAL! I'm also trying not to get sucked into the vortex of multi-QAL joining…..but it's so tempting!

12. Wandering Minstrel
    Wandering Minstrel says:

What lovely fabrics! I especially love your warm/cool squares. Go, you, with the progress!

(I'm trying to be a bit…restrained with joining quilt-alongs, since I'm currently working on two that are 'catch-ups'! AND I'm taking an online class to learn best practices for teaching online, so I need to devote some time there, too.

It's not easy, though. The resisting, I mean…)

13. Kimberly White
    Kimberly White says:

I'm so impressed with how many quilt alongs you have been keeping up with! I think that your fabric stacks are beautiful and I'm really looking forward to seeing your value quilt! Just wanted to tell you that I finally finished my Lizzy house quilt (and I've been working on potty training my Joshua too!) Hope you have a wonderful week! Kim

14. Phone Home Designs by ET
    Phone Home Designs by ET says:

Lovely fabrics Lee! I've noticed that when I choose my own fabrics for a quilt instead of using precuts like Moda's, I tend to separate them into warm/cools too. Maybe I should join that quilt along 😀 Have a great week!

15. Marsha S
    Marsha S says:

I would love to take part in a quilt a long and I hope to some day.
    One of my hang ups with it is just plain being able to afford the materials….my day will come.

16. My Sweet Prairie
    My Sweet Prairie says:

omg Lee I can't get over your giant assortment of fabrics!! lol woweee.
    My art is finishing up and I have 2 big quilt projects to do this summer, so I'll be around more for WIP wednesdays.