WIP Wednesday #33

IMG_5224

Wednesday again? What, like it happens every seven days now or something? I’ve got things to do, people to see, t-ball games to watch, bathing suits to wring out, etc. But I have been sneaking in some sewing time here and there …

Ongoing projects:

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Block #2 was a value nine-patch. I’m working with Weekends by Erin McMorris for this QA, and value is challenging within this line. Many of the prints are around the same value, and some of the others are so large-scale and multi-colored that it’s hard to pinpoint a value at all. I considered getting my contrast in this block from warm colors versus cool, just as Jeni did for the Warm/Cool Quilt Along that I’m completing right now. But I decided to stay true to Leila’s challenge, instead of taking the easy way out. And I’m glad I did, because I love the end result! Click here for more about the Skill Builder QA.

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Click here for this week’s blocks.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Warm/Cool Quilt-Along – I’ve completed the top and the back, so it’s all ready to baste. I’m actually going to try spray basting this time! Yes, it’s true! And I can’t wait to give FMQ stippling another shot. Click here for more info on Jeni’s quilt-along.

Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow – seriously, this is embarrassing. I really need to find the time to just sit down and finish this one already. There’s absolutely no reason for it to still be hanging around on this list.

On hold:
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress – 10

Okay, your turn. But before we get the linky underway, let me thank all of you for linking up here, week in and week out. You all have make this linky what it is, and I am so happy to be able to host it! The first week I hosted this linky, 8 people linked up. Last week, it was 98! Are you kidding me? You guys are the best!

So, think we can break 100 this week? C’mon newbies, you know you want to! : ) Just remember to link back here in your post, and please comment on the other links. Have a wonderful week!

Thanks for the great linky party, Lee! True Confession: I forgot tonight was Tuesday and I was baffled as to how WIP Wednesday could go from 98 links last week to 8 this week. Ooooops. Time for bed, methinks.

2. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Kind of wishing I'd done the warm/cool. Very pretty quilt! And I love how your FW blocks are coming along. I think you've got 100 in the bag! I did my 100th post yesterday so I think 100 is in the water for the week!

3. Marg
    Marg says:

The skill builder block is really pretty and you did really well with the values.
    Looking forward to seeing more of your mom's monster quilt.
    Thanks for hosting the linky party.

4. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Wow, 100 linkers? That's so amazing 🙂 I love your warm/cool top, can't wait to see you practice some FMQ on it, and your mom's quilt is starting to look great too, so far. 🙂

5. Carla
    Carla says:

As I ready your entry, it's like I'm readying my life.:o)
    I'm really loving the warm/cool quilt top. The fabrics are so bright.

Thank you Lee for hosting because it really motivates and bushes me to finishes those WIPs. If it weren't for you, they would be out-of-sight-out-of-mind.

6. Becky
    Becky says:

LOL, the things we do for our mothers! Glad I'm not the only crazy one making my mom a giant quilt! can't wait to see more of yours! and 98 linkups? AWESOME!

Love that skill builder block! As always, your projects are fabulous 🙂 Thanks for hosting this awesome linky party, I have to say some weeks its the kick in the pants I need to get moving on things as I think "I need to have something to show for WIP Wednesday!" haha

8. Leanne
    Leanne says:

Nice work, as usual. Thank you for hosting the link, I enjoy the opportunity to connect with the group that has become regular here. I do also try to go to every link every week, and well, now that there are so many, it is taking all week to do that – and always worth the time, beautiful things are progressing in these links.

9. Sandy
    Sandy says:

WOW and then some! As always, everything looks awesome. I'm anxious to see your Farmers Square, big fan of blue and green together.

10. Marsha S
    Marsha S says:

I love the way the warm/cool top looks with the triangles.
    I hope you break 100 too!

I've started some hops on my blog but they are going slow. I hope some day to have lots linking up each week with me.

11. Amy
    Amy says:

Your warm cool quilt is beautiful!! I would like to say thanks for doing the WIP.. I can not wait for Wed to see what other projects are going on.

12. Allison
    Allison says:

thank you! for hosting WIP Wednesday every week 🙂 it is such a great linky party, even when I don't have a post to link up, I enjoy stopping by and checking out everyone else's WIP posts. I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend, Lee 🙂

13. Kimberly White
    Kimberly White says:

oops … also meant to mention — you are going to so enjoy spray basting. I'm a true convert. I don't think I'll ever ever go back! Hope it goes well! Kim

14. Diane
    Diane says:

I'm always surprised when you say you are taking a class, or doing a skill builder or something along those lines. I've only been following your blog for a few months maybe, but your work is so amazing that I always figure that you're already a pro, and it throws me off when you point out that you are still learning things. It also makes me realize all the things out there that I don't know, and didn't know was out there to learn. lol. Especially when it comes to quilting. So I appreciate all the things I learn from you. Thanks! 🙂 That skill builder QA looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing all of your projects, and hosting this great linky party each week.

15. Bree
    Bree says:

Your skill builder block looks great, once again I'm behind on something.

I've noticed even in the weeks since I've started linking up how much it has grown. I'm always surprised how many are already linked up before me!

Comments are closed.