WIP Wednesday #34

IMG_5360

More like Worn-Out Wednesday. We’ve had out-of-town guests staying with us, and we had a gigantic Fourth of July cookout. So I have very little to show for the week, but let’s get our lists on anyway.

Ongoing projects:

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Another block I’ve never done: a churn-dash. I wasn’t planning to put any solids in this quilt, but when I saw Leila’s cute, mostly-solid version, I decided to add them into my own blocks. Plus, the line I’m using for this quilt (Weekends by Erin McMorris) is pretty challenging to work with in this context. And while I think I’m up for the challenge, I figured I might want a few blocks to be a bit more restful. : )

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Click here for this week’s blocks.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Warm/Cool Quilt-Along – I managed to baste this one! With basting spray! I’m reserving judgment on the spray until after I quilt it. More details then.

Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow – Yep. Still.

On hold:
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress – 10

So, link ’em if you’ve got ’em …

1. KimT
    KimT says:

I understand not getting a lot of sewing done. You have been doing a lot! I really like the solid colors on the churn dash block.

2. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Cute! I haven't done a churn dash before, I really like your take on it with some solids, too 🙂 And yay for basting your warm/cool! Can't wait to hear what you thought of basting spray!

3. Connie
    Connie says:

Great churn dash block! I didn't get much done either. I like the way you do your weekly list, it reminds you of what needs to be finished, will have to try that. Thanks for the WIP linking.

4. Leila
    Leila says:

I just tried basting spray for the first time after the bad quilting incident with my brothers quilt in December. I think I really like it. It helps hold down the not so flat parts of my quilt. I still end up pinning a little on the larger quilts, but I am sold on it. I was worried that it would run out fast, but I have basted 3 baby/lap sized quilts with it so far and still have more left in the can.

Thanks so much for piecing along with me. It means a lot. 🙂

5. Kelly Irene
    Kelly Irene says:

I like the solids in your church dash block! My quilting bee did a liberated version of that block, and it was really fun to make. Thanks for hosting this party!

6. CraftyClare
    CraftyClare says:

Its my first week here too and what an amazing find. I am truly inspired by all your beautiful blogs and have spent a very happy hour or more looking through them.

7. Kate S.
    Kate S. says:

I loved the spray basting when I used it for my last quilt – I hope it works well for you!

I definitely know what you mean about not getting a lot done this week – I had a lot of fun over the long weekend but there wasn't a lot of crafting time.

8. Marsha S
    Marsha S says:

I did my post today but since I didn't have any photos to share due to not really working on anything this week, I am not posting it to the linky. I'm hopping around seeing what others are accomplishing and getting my motivation going again. I even went in and did some sewing today after almost a week of none.

9. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Can't wait to hear your views on the spray basting. I've only used it once but I wasn't as happy with it as I wanted to be. It may have been the brand though; I've heard there are definite degrees with that stuff. Loving your FW and Skill Builder blocks. The fabrics are just blending so well together!

10. Poppyprint
    Poppyprint says:

LOVE spray baste, I was just tweeting today how I'll probably die an early death from inhaling it for the past 6 years, but the backs of my quilts are all wrinkle free!

Comments are closed.