WIP Wednesday #36

What? You guys! 118 links last week. That’s, um, a bit beyond what I ever expected when I started this linky. But thank you! I’m so glad people find this little Wednesday party so helpful and enjoyable. Let’s keep ’em coming!

Warm/Cool Quilt
Yeah, baby! I’ll have a post about it tomorrow.

Ongoing projects:

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Fourteen blocks down, 97 to go. : ) (One managed to escape from this picture, but I’ve rounded it back up.) Click here to read more about the blocks I made this week.

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Loved this week’s cute Pinwheel Parade block. As I was working on it, it occurred to me that I’m currently working on two year-long bed-size sampler quilts (this one and Farmer’s Wife). And I just happen to have two little girls who need bed-size quilts made by their mommy. : ) So, a year from now, I’ll have one for each—it’s almost like I planned it or something.
Summer Sampler Series
My first four blocks are above. We’ve been having a great time with this quilt-along, and it’s not too late to join in—click here for a list of all the posts so far. And our first paper-pieced block will be up this morning on Faith’s blog, Fresh Lemons Quilts. I know paper-piecing makes a lot of people nervous, but I promise it’s entirely doable, regardless of skill level. It is a whole different way of thinking about piecing, so sometimes it takes a little practice to get the concept. But once you get your mind around it and it clicks, it’s a piece of cake! Give it a try with us!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

Completed quilts awaiting binding:
Modern Meadow – Yes. Really.

No progress:
Kaleidoscope QA (I’m sticking with the yellow background, but I may rearrange a bit. We’ll see.)
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 1
Currently in progress – 11

Let’s see those WIPs! Link ’em up below, and have a lovely week!

1. KimT
    KimT says:

Wow, I love your color sense! your blocks are fabuloous as usual. I am hoping to do a farmers wife quilt as well. I hope I can make one as pretty as yours is going to be!

2. Marg
    Marg says:

Love all your blocks, great colours.
    Congratulations on a finish. I'm hoping for one soon.
    I'd love to join in on the summer sampler series but I have way too many other projects that need to be finished. Maybe next time.

3. annemade.net
    annemade.net says:

I love the colors! I have been seeing the Farmer's Wife everywhere but have not enjoyed the colors so much, but this makes me want to get in on the fun. To bad I haven't been able to get my feet wet quilting yet, I have the fabric, just need to get the nerve to cut into it.

4. Sel's Quilting Blog
    Sel's Quilting Blog says:

These QALs look so very cool! Alas for limited time and so many things to do that aren't quilting!

My WIP Wednesday Post.

I think you've hit on something here – pushed a lot of people to be more active in their WIPs. I know that I try and have something up for WIP Wednesday, which prompts me to do quilting when I might otherwise vege out on the couch…

5. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

I really love how your Farmer's Wife blocks are looking – and the scrappiness in your Summer Sampler blocks is amazing!! If they weren't so big, they would look great with your Farmer's Wife quilt!

6. Linz
    Linz says:

I love your flower garden block! SO pretty! All of your projects look awesome!! WIsh my luck on paper piecing today! This is my first time and I'm kinda terrified! lol!

Thanks for hosting WiP Wednesday!

7. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Love your farmer blocks and your summer series blocks as well. Your Skill Builder block is so cute. I'd love to see all of yours together for that one!

8. Sandy
    Sandy says:

Everytime I think I've seen every color combination possible, you come up with more….You're mind and fingers must work over time. Fabulous!

9. Connie
    Connie says:

Love your blocks and all the QAL's you are in sound so interesting. I'll be checking out the paper piecing today at Fresh Lemon Quilts as that is one of my favorite things to do. Can't wait to see your finished Warm/Cool! Thanks for the great linky party.

10. Marci Girl
    Marci Girl says:

Oh wow Lee, 118! Before you know it, it will be 200! I did some paper piecing for the first time this past week, and you are right, it is a totally new way of piecing, but once you get the hang of it, so fun!

11. Laura
    Laura says:

Woo! Lee has a finish!

All your blocks look so pretty! I'll be attempting my first paper piecing with the Star block, but first I think I'll tackle the Flower Garden Path. I'm trying to do these ones in order, LOL!

12. FabricDonkey
    FabricDonkey says:

Your sampler blocks look gorgeous! WIP actually gives me that little bit of extra motivation to work on projects so I have something to post. 🙂 You're at 114 so far today! Yay for breaking 100 two weeks in a row.

13. Bree
    Bree says:

I can't believe how much the link party has grown just in the few months since I started!

All your QAL blocks are looking great. I'm excited to see all your finished quilts from them, they're going to be so fun & colorful!