WIP Wednesday #37

Well, I don’t have much to tell you about this week that you haven’t already seen, but let’s roll ’em out anyway, shall we?

Ongoing projects:

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Here’s my version of the Arizona block (you can find the tutorial here). I decided to reverse things up and do a print for the background, solids for the rest. At first I didn’t love the results, but now I think it’s kind of growing on me. Visit my Flickr photostream to see a mosaic of all five of the blocks I’ve done so far for this QA.
Summer Sampler Series
I made my scrappy, stringy six-pointed star block yesterday, and it was so much fun to put together. This is yet another block that is begging to be an entire quilt. This sampler is officially swamping my to-do list! Head over to Fresh Lemons Quilts for today’s block tutorial. And check out this post for a sneak-peek at Faith’s Loulouthi Cross quilt, made from the Greek Cross block we learned how to make earlier in the QA.
Modern Meadow – I actually made some progress stitching the binding on this. I’m thinking it’ll be in the completed column very soon. For real! No, seriously this time!

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Click here for my post about this week’s blocks.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Hexing Around (for Do. Good Stitches)
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

No progress:
Kaleidoscope QA
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 0
Currently in progress – 11

Let’s see those WIPs! Just a reminder: You don’t have to list all your WIPs, although you certainly can if you want to. You can link up any post from the past week that includes an unfinished project. And don’t forget to link back to my blog. Have a great week!

1. KimT
    KimT says:

Beautiful hexies! I see what you mean about the scrappy six point star.It is so beautiful that it should be an entire quilt top. Nice work!

2. Kris
    Kris says:

Love the hexi quilt top. Can't wait to see it all finished. Also love the stringy six point star and would love to make a quilt of that block….quilt along?!

3. Dana
    Dana says:

11 projects in progress! Blimey, I just cant do that I have enough juggling just two! That hexie quilt looks amazing, looking forward to seeing it quilted.:-)

4. Linz
    Linz says:

Love the hexagon quilt!!! ANd your blocks look awesome! My string star turned out wild, but I just realized part of the problem. Hmmm… I think I may have to spend some time with a seam ripper and see if I can get it to look better! lol!! Love you projects!

5. Sandy
    Sandy says:

All are awesome, but I think my favorite is the star. It looks very intricate to get the points done so well. The color choices are wonderful.

6. Becky
    Becky says:

I really like the "reversed" look on that Arizona block, I think the solids really pop! And I've been admiring your hexagon quilt on the Do. Good flickr posts. It's simply beautiful!

7. Letterpress
    Letterpress says:

I really love a lot of your blocks, but what I have to comment on today is your re-organization of your blog. I had fun looking through all your "As seen on. . ." and was impressed with your industriousness. Congrats!

8. Bree
    Bree says:

I like that you switched the solid & print for that block, it gives it a whole new look. Do you think you'll do the same for some of the other blocks?

9. Marg
    Marg says:

Woo hoo over 100. Love your summer sampler blocks, and really like that you switched the print and solids.
    I'm interstate this week so no progress and no linking, but will be back next week.
    Off to check out the links, thanks.