Modern Meadow Quilt

IMG_6139_2-1

So, this one’s been a long time coming. I posted about the completed top in October, and the quilting was finished by the end of January. All it needed was binding, and I could cross another thing off my list, but … there it sat. For months.

I think one reason it took me so long to finish it up is because this quilt is not destined for any particular person or place. You might recall that last fall/winter I made two quilt tops for a mystery-gender baby—the if-it’s-a-girl version was my Urban Lattice quilt, and this was the if-it’s-a-boy version. The baby wisely opted for the Urban Lattice by being born a girl, and this quilt has languished on my WIP pile ever since.

Fortunately, AnneMarie of Gen X Quilters is hosting a Summer Fair Quilt and Recipe Show. And I guess after almost seven years here, I’m becoming a true Wisconsinite, because I love me a fair! Finally, just the motivation I needed to wrap this bad boy up.

Despite the fact that I seemed to be working on it for decades, I really love this quilt. You can’t go wrong with this design, which is based on Amy Smart’s “Chain Linked” pattern (but uses my own sizes/dimensions). And Modern Meadow is definitely one of my all-time favorite fabric lines. The tree print from this line has to be one of my fave prints ever, but it can be difficult to use in a quilt since it’s quite large-scale. I got a good chunk of it on the back of this quilt, which makes me happy. The only drawback is that I didn’t quilt this one, which is why the stippling looks so darn perfect. (Maybe a little too perfect? Yeah, just humor me.)

Anyway, here are the stats:
Design: Based on “Chain Linked” by Amy Smart of Diary of a Quilter
Fabric: Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry, Kona Cotton in White and Bone
Binding: Modern Meadow Honeycomb print in Grass
Size: 45″ x 53″
Quilting: Stippling pantograph done by my LQS

So now I just need to decide what to do with it. It’s a little smaller than what I like in a couch quilt, and I have a different project in mind for Kate’s 100 Quilts for Kids in September, so I’m actually toying with the idea of selling this one. We’ll see.

I’m linking up to Gen X Quilters’ Summer Fair, so hop over there to see some other pretty quilts. (Alas, I have no recipe, since I can hardly boil water.) The fair ends tomorrow if you want to link up something of your own!

You crack me up, Lee! Congrats on the finish. It's a lovely quilt. I know it will find a happy new home.
    I look forward to seeing this crossed off of your WIP Wednesday list!

Lee, this is gorgeous! I love the pattern you chose to go with these fabrics, they work really well together! It's also great to finish up a languishing project, it's good inspiration to get some of my unfinished projects back out and done!

3. Linz
    Linz says:

Awwww, that is so cute!! The fabrics and pattern are great!! Whatever you do with this – the eventual owner will be so so pleased!! 🙂

4. Thearica
    Thearica says:

Great looking quilt! We all have those moments when we know it needs to be done but we have other things that get done first.. It is ok though… ask me.. I know… It truly is.. haha! 🙂

5. Cindy
    Cindy says:

Pretty, pretty! I know how it is to be so close to finishing…yet it takes weeks or months to just tie it off. Good for you checking another project off your list.

6. Becky
    Becky says:

This is so beautiful! Wonderful job. I love the back (you always create the best backs!). I would hang onto it until someone else has a baby boy.

7. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

That's awesome!! So glad you got this one finished off – and I'm with Becky…hang on to this one for the next baby boy you know, because you know the second you sell it, someone will have a baby boy 🙂

8. Bree
    Bree says:

I wasn't around when you first shared this, so it's all new to me! I think it looks great. And I agree with Elizabeth, you could definitely hold on to it for the next baby boy that comes around.

Yay! This is a beauty, and now you have a baby boy quilt on hand for the next little guy to come along! (although if it were me, everyone I know would now have girls, because I have a boy quilt ready to go!!) Great job getting this crossed off your list!

10. AnneMarie
    AnneMarie says:

Love this quilt Lee – it just looks peaceful if you ask me. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Summer Fair! AnneMarie
    Sorry I'm so late to stop by. I don't know how you keep up with the linky every week!

11. Martie
    Martie says:

This is so great. Can you share the sizes/dimensions you used for your version of the Chain Linked pattern? I really like the larger scale you used.

Thanks!