WIP Wednesday #38

IMG_6175

Welcome to another WIP Wednesday! I’ve been productive this week. How about you?

Completed:
Modern Meadow. I’m doing a Kermit-the-frog “Yaaaaayyyy!” right now. Arms flailing and everything.

Ongoing projects:

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
Well, here’s my bowtie block. Eh, not loving. I was hesitant to use white as a background for any of these blocks, but I did it anyway, and now I’m regretting it. It looks kind of washed out and boring next to the other blocks. I’ll probably either redo this one or scrap it.

Summer Sampler Series
How much do you love this Evening Star block? It was so much easier than I expected! And it’s beautiful! You can check out the tutorial on Kate’s blog, and hop over to Faith’s for today’s block.

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up
I didn’t do my usual Tuesday Farmer’s Wife post yesterday because I wanted to post my Modern Meadow finish, but I did three blocks again this week, including Century of Progress (above). I’ll post about all of them with next week’s batch.
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Hexing Around (for Do. Good Stitches)
Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

No progress:
Kaleidoscope QA
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt
Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
New projects – 0
Completed projects – 1
Currently in progress – 10

1. Linz
    Linz says:

I love your SBS blocks! I agree about the white background, but I still love it! They are all beautiful! And that Farmer's Wife block is AWESOME!!!

2. Marg
    Marg says:

I wouldn't scrap the bow tie block either.
    Love the Evening Star block, it looks great.
    The Modern Meadow quilt looks wonderful, congratulations on finishing it!

3. Patchwork and Play
    Patchwork and Play says:

IMHO I like the bow tie block- even though it is lighter is overall colour, I don't think it is out of place at all. Maybe see how you feel when you have more made? And Evening Star is going on my 'to-do' list! Beautiful!

4. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Wow, a finish! I'm jealous Lee! All of mine seem so far from finishing! Your SBS and FW blocks are looking so great. I LOVE that Evening Star! I may have to incorporate that one into something.

5. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Thanks for the visual – I love Kermit, so that gave me a good laugh 🙂 I really dig your Century of Progress block! And your Modern Meadow finish is really great, too! Maybe it will inspire me to finally use some of my Modern Meadow…

6. Bree
    Bree says:

I kind of like the white background, and if you use it again for a couple of the blocks, it won't look out of place.

Love your Century of Progress block, the colors & prints are great together!

#38? You know every week now I hope I'll have to miss this, for a good reason! 🙂

7. noga quilts
    noga quilts says:

Love your Modern Meadow quilt. It is both modern and beautiful! The evening star block is amazing. You are very productive, and have time for organizing this WIP event too, thanks so much!

8. Kathy
    Kathy says:

Thanks for hosting WIP Wednesday and for such an inspiring blog! I love how Century of Progress turned out – I'm gearing up for that one myself. And the Evening Star block is really pretty, I may have to try that one.

9. kwiltmakr
    kwiltmakr says:

Your have been busy! Love the progress your making. I am still away from my sewing machine and can't wait to get back to it so I can sew. Not able to look at blogs very often either and I sure miss all the good stuff.

10. Laura
    Laura says:

I don't think the bowtie block looks kind of washed out and boring next to the other blocks at all. If anything, I think it balances them because the white solid complements your green and purple solid backgrounds.

I adore that Evening Star block too. I'm looking forward to making it!

11. Suzanne
    Suzanne says:

I like your bowtie block – the white adds a bit of calmness to the other blocks. I have a few blocks I'd like to rip out and re-do (shade/color not what I'd hope), but I figure by the time we all get 52 blocks completed, there will be places for all sorts of blocks! And if, at the end we don't like something, we can rip it out then or make a new one.

12. Live a Colorful Life
    Live a Colorful Life says:

You HAVE had a productive week. Just the opposite of me! I'm glad you changed the fabric layout in FW Century of Progress. I kept thinking it was a mistake in the book. I don't know if I was or not, but I wish I had changed my fabric placement too. Yours makes much more sense!

13. Cristin
    Cristin says:

Lee, I ADORE your Hope Valley quilt top! I don't really care for the fabric seperately, but TOGETHER… they look fabulous! Can't wait to see how you quilt it! And I like the bow-tie block with white! You should keep it 🙂 I'm adding some white to my FWQAL blocks…. I think it gives the eye a nice spot to rest every now and then… amongst all the teeny tiny pieces and blocks! Cheers!

14. Leila
    Leila says:

Lovely Evening Star block. I am counting down the days until school starts. Hopefully I will be able to fit in some more sewing time.

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. 🙂 The bow-tie block looks great! Ok, I might be biased and I love me a white background, but don't throw it out yet.

I am going to have to wave my arms around in the air the next time I have a finish! YAAAAAAYYYY! Love it.