WIP Wednesday #40

IMG_6363

Let’s start this WIP Wednesday with a shout-out to regular WIP Wednesday participant Bree—it’s been 40 weeks of WIP Wednesdays for me, and 40 weeks of pregnancy for Bree! You made it, girl! Hope you’re doing well, and maybe Goose is here already? Fingers crossed!

Anyway, not much happening around here. We’ve been crazy busy with a birthday party for my 5-year-old(!) and getting ready to go on vacation. After we get back, the whirlwind that is back-to-school hits. But I have managed to get a little done.

New projects:

My design for the Connecting Threads fabric design contest took much of my time this past week. Voting is now open in the contest, so please click here to vote for my fabric, if you haven’t already! (It’s the fourth row down.) And a great big THANK YOU to everyone who has already voted! Your lovely comments about my design have been so encouraging.

Ongoing projects:

Skill Builder Sampler Quilt-Along – currently caught up
This week, Leila gave us a sawtooth star/Star of Virginia block, using Kate’s Summer Sampler Series tutorial. Although I’ve obviously made this block recently, I was more than happy to make another one!

Farmer’s Wife Quilt-Along – currently caught up

23 blocks done. Click here for this week’s post.

Completed tops awaiting quilting:

Summer Sampler Series top

Hexing Around (for Do. Good Stitches – tops on my list when I get home from vacay)

Hope Valley (the original Supernova)

No progress:

Kaleidoscope QA
Secret project (on hold while I reconsider fabric selections)
Figgy Pudding quilt

Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:

New projects – 1 (sort of)

Completed projects – 0

Currently in progress – 10

Your turn! Link up any post from the previous week featuring a work in progress. Don’t forget to link back here and comment on some of the other links. Have a wonderful week!

1. Marg
    Marg says:

I love your design, good luck, voting done this week.
    Thanks for hosting WIP it's great, except that I just can't get a photo to link this week, grrr, oh well, hopefully I have better luck next week.

2. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Love the colors in your Skill Builder Series block – so pretty! I can't believe it's been 40 weeks of these little project lists already, wow 🙂 I've already thought about what I would make with your pretty new fabric design, BTW, I love the colors you used for it! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

I just love your fabric, Lee – I voted for you!
    And your skill builder block is gorgeous – now that the Summer Sampler series is complete I may just have to jump in on this one!

4. Sandy
    Sandy says:

Birthday parties can be both tiring and fun. Particularly nowdays. People do so much more then we ever did. A few kids 4-5 at the house, cake and ice cream, and a game or two. Now it's adults and kids, rarely at someone's home, you rent out a place and have lots more then cake and ice cream. Do kids even know about the cool game of pin the tail on the donkey now? lol

Good luck on the contest, the fabric is awwesome. You list of projects is making me tired, lol. Looks like you're making good progress though.

5. Linz
    Linz says:

LOVE your fabric design!! SO pretty! Good luck in that competition!!

Your Virginia Star is beautiful! I am still having some Flying Geese trouble, but I'll keep practicing! 🙂

Happy WIP Wednesday!

6. NancyinSTL
    NancyinSTL says:

I just voted for your fabric which was my favorite in that category. Blue is my favorite color. Then I spent another thirty minutes enjoying all of the other designs in the other categories. Good Luck!

7. Kristen
    Kristen says:

I know! I am so not ready for back to school! I love the bikes! Oh my gosh! That's your design? Looks beautiful and professional! Nice job!

Again, love your fabric design!! I voted 🙂 (actually twice, using my "spam" email account to get an extra vote for you) 🙂 Have fun on your upcoming vaca, where are you headed?

9. Anonymous
    Anonymous says:

Wow, as a co-competitor in the ConnectingThreads.com contest I'd give anything to have a blog with a huge following to market to.

Nice design btw.

virginia o

Hey Lee! Love the fabric design, and looks like you've got quite a few votes so far! I have my fingers crossed for you, it would be so awesome to see this in print!

11. Bree
    Bree says:

Awww…thanks Lee! Now I wish even more I'd had a chance to do an update to link last week. 🙂 I'm still working on getting caught up though, so hopefully next week!

Comments are closed.