Introducing Kaleidoscope Lane

kaleidoscopelane-1

Well, here it is … what I’ve spent the last month working on! I’m pleased with it, and I hope you all love it too.

Mosaic

Swirls

Kaleidoscope Dot

Glazed Tile

Plaza

Medallion Stripe
Scallop

Garden Path

So now it’s up to the Connecting Threads staff to decide whether my collection is the one they want to produce and sell. Connecting Threads will be featuring all five of the finalists’ collections on their blog, Notions, in the coming days, and will announce the winner in the next few weeks.

I haven’t seen the other finalists’ collections yet, so I have no idea how mine stacks up, but regardless of what happens, I’m so glad I did this. I learned a lot about designing a complete line of fabric, including many lessons about how to approach the design process next time (if there is one). And since I’m happy with the end result, I feel like it’s a win for me even if my line doesn’t end up being produced. But of course, fingers and toes crossed that it will be!

« Older Comments
  1. Leanne
    Leanne says:

I know you have 101 comments already but I thought I would stop to tell you that I too love the fabric collection you have made and I am hoping you will win!

2. diplofam
    diplofam says:

I think you have done a wonderful job! I can't wait to see it in the catalog 🙂 that's how certain I am that you will win!
    Blessings,
    Carin

3. Pam -
    Pam - says:

Oh my gosh, Lee, I just know your line will be selected – – – it is just beautiful. I love the colorways. So fresh and exciting. Really!!

4. Susan
    Susan says:

Pick you, pick you! I just love your new line and so hope it is chosen as I and all of the other 109 commenters want some too! Congratulations on creating your first fabric line. 🙂

5. Elena
    Elena says:

Congratulations Lee!!! I absolutely love every single print! Connecting Threads would be crazy not to choose you. And if they don't, may the glory be someone else's to enjoy, b/c this collection deserves to printed. Just gorgeous! 🙂

6. angela
    angela says:

Wonderful! I love both the patterns and the colors you chose – linear, swirls, dots, big little – awesome job including all of it. Great line to quilt with for sure!

7. Kate S.
    Kate S. says:

Wow, Lee, this is phenomenal! I love the designs and the colorways you chose are awesome! Huge kudos to you, I hope they pick your design too so we can all get some 🙂

8. happy zombie
    happy zombie says:

I wish I was voting staff! I LOVE your collection, Lee! All cap LOVE, love! And funny, I just placed a CT order this morning! I'll take that as a sign – and I'll be ordering your fabric soon!

9. Lindsey
    Lindsey says:

Weird – I voted for this fabric from a link on Rav I saw, then was blog hopping and came across it again today! I love the fabrics, I'm hoping you win because I love the colors and would love to add some to my stash.

« Older Comments