WIP Wednesday: Nothing Doing

wipwednesdaybutton-4

Okay, I think this might be a first: I’ve got a WIP Wednesday post with no pictures. Back when I was a reporter, every morning I would tell my editor what I was writing about that day, and he always had the same question: “What about art? Is there art? Get me art!” Today, I have no art. Somewhere, that editor is cringing.

Ongoing:
Secret project – My deadline looms, so this was my major focus this week. It’s going to the long-arm quilter and I promised to get it to her by the end of the month. Also: behind-the-scenes sewing stinks. I wish I could show this to you!

Completed tops awaiting quilting:
Summer Sampler
Hope Valley

No progress:
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA (still on hold)
• Skill Builder QA (yep, ditto)
• Kaleidoscope QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt
• Wonky Log Cabin

This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 0
New projects – 0
Currently in progress – 10

So there’s my picture-less WIP Wednesday post—are a thousand words worth a picture? You tell me. : ) And while you’re at it, link up your own post featuring a work in progress. Don’t forget to link back here and comment, comment, comment.

Also, stop back later today, when I’ll be drawing a winner for the 12 Gifts of Christmas giveaway! A $25 gift certificate to the Fat Quarter Shop is up for grabs. Have a great week—I promise I’ll have some art next time.

1. Tsoniki Crazy Bull
    Tsoniki Crazy Bull says:

I am very excited to participate in my first WIP Wednesday! I happened to check if the post was up before I am heading to bed, and it is. 🙂 So also amazing, I am first! I look forward to joining what seems like an awesome linky.

2. My Sweet Prairie
    My Sweet Prairie says:

I'm finally out of the closet!! I took pics along the way… enjoy my final unveiling! We had a big big show this weekend. ; )

WHEW! is all I can say…
    I look forward to seeing what you are hiding too!!
    : 0

~Monika

3. Becky
    Becky says:

lol, secret sewing does suck. Once you've gotten used to showing everything and talking about it. It's like having a hand clamped over your mouth. Can't wait to see what you are up to!

4. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Becky is totally right about the secret sewing – it's exciting and infuriating all at the same time!! Just take lots of pictures along the way so you can share when it's time 🙂

5. æble
    æble says:

I agree, behind-the-scenes (BTS) sewing does stink! My BTS sewing is because I don't want my family to see what they are getting for Christmas in advance.

6. Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting
    Marcia - Crafty Sewing and Quilting says:

No pictures… That's OK, but we love pictures. Thanks for hosting today!
    I missed it last week as I was at a 4 day quilting retreat… I made progress on several projects. I linked one of them today and the link to the list of 13 UFO's is in the post with lots of photos.
    Enjoy your Wednesday!

7. Becky
    Becky says:

Ha! I know what you mean! I'm also working on a swap, and couldn't show pictures of it this week (probably won't for a few more weeks). But the surprise element is totally worth "protecting"!

8. occasionalpiece
    occasionalpiece says:

Secret Sewing–reminds me of the holidays when we scurry to hide things we're sewing when certain people walk into our sewing room. We'll look forward the Big Reveal!

Thanks again for hosting this linky. I've been gone a couple of weeks and it was fun to do some blog-hopping. I try for 10 comments and I usually start from the back of the pack, and the first folks get, as you say, all the love. Some interesting things happening out there in quilterland!