, ,

WIP Wednesday: Two Finishes

IMG_8001
Two finishes this week. You heard me. Two. Finishes.
Completed:
Skirt Sew-Along – I did it! I made a skirt! That I can totally wear! Like, in public! It has a zipper! That I put in! This is worthy of all seven exclamation points in this paragraph! I’ll have a full post on it as soon as I can get some decent pictures of me wearing it.
Pear Tree project – also done. Also awesome. Mark your calendar for March, because that’s when I’ll finally be able to show it to you.
New:
I don’t know how far I’ll get on this one before Christmas, but I spent a little time today deciding which charms to use. I ended up with a combination of charms from AnneMarie‘s Spoonflower and Japanese swaps, plus some prints from my stash and Heather Ross scraps that Kelly was nice enough to swap with me.
I’m thinking of something along these lines for the accent prints in the feature blocks.
Completed tops awaiting quilting:
No progress:
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Skill Builder QA
• Kaleidoscope QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt
• Wonky Log CabinThis week’s stats:
Completed projects – 2(!)
New projects – 1
Currently in progress – 9
Link ’em if you got ’em! You all know the rules – link back here, comment, blah blah blah. Have a great week!

1. Patchwork and Play
    Patchwork and Play says:

Congratulations on your skirt! It is such a feeling of accomplishment when you make something you can wear! Wait til you are getting comments like..'did you really make that?!" There will be no stopping you now!

2. Becky
    Becky says:

Yay! Congrats on the skirt finish. Zippers aren't too bad in clothing are they? I think they might even be easier because you are dealing with a larger piece of fabric than a bag or pouch.
    I love your fabrics for the charmed qal. very fun!

3. Elizabeth D.
    Elizabeth D. says:

Oh, cool!! I've been wondering about how your skirt sewing was going 🙂 Very cool!! And congrats on getting your Pear Tree quilt all finished off too 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving!

4. M-R
    M-R says:

Congrats on the skirt, Lee! I have yet to make anything wearable that actually fits and looks good so I completely understand those exclamation points. Great fabric choices for the Charmed Prints QAL.

5. Jennifer
    Jennifer says:

Yay! I come from a dressmaking background and haven't made anything since way before I got pregnant, but your skirt inspires me to dig out some voiles and give my dressmaking a go again! 🙂

6. Linz
    Linz says:

Eeeek!! I can't wait to see your skirt!!!! Congrats on putting in a zipper!! That's awesome! And really – March? Sigh…

Love all of your projects!! Happy Thanksgiving, Lee! Thanks for hosting WIP Wednesday!!

7. Ann - Queen of my castle!
    Ann - Queen of my castle! says:

I just found your blog and I'm really enjoying it so far. I just posted my first WIP. 🙂 That skirt looks cute! I had recently bought a dress pattern with the intention of trying to make a dress…some day I'll attempt it. lol

8. AnneMarie
    AnneMarie says:

Love your charms and fabric selections! There is just something about orange and some of the charms we all exchanged. Can't wait to see your progress!

9. myredbike
    myredbike says:

Your skirt looks great! I've only put in a zipper once and it was nervewracking, but it worked out well!

Thanks for hosting WIP Wednesdays. I've linked up for the first time today. It's scary admitting to all my WIPs!

10. MyJourneyBack
    MyJourneyBack says:

Oh I love the skirt. And the new quilt can't wait to see it done. I was thinking about the quilt along. I was going to post my wip but I didn't get to take photo's. I love your list of tops to finish. I need to copy you and make myself a list. I love wip. Off to see the others. Thanks for the link.
    Enjoy your skirt.