WIP Wednesday: Recovery Mode

Really, Wednesday again? I accomplished very little this week. My excuse is that we’ve been in recovery mode around here. Recovering from colds, and recovering from that creativity block I talked about last week. It’s taking longer to get back to full form than I would like, but I think my mojo’s coming around. Slowly.
Ongoing projects:
Progress or lack thereof

Bee blocks, bee blocks, and more bee blocks.
It basically took me the whole week to get my 4×5 Bee blocks done. Now I’m moving on to my other bee blocks, of which there are shockingly many this month. Here you can see my progress on several of them: Yes, I’ve taken the fabric out of the packages! Go, me!

Hexies

Swap mini-quilt.
I can’t you tell you how rare it is for me to actually cut and start piecing something without a fully-formed plan in my head, but that’s exactly what I’m doing here. I hope I figure out where exactly this is going, and figure it out right quick.

No progress:
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Skill Builder QA
• Kaleidoscope QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt
• Wonky Log CabinThis week’s stats:
Completed projects – 0
New projects – 0

Currently in progress – 10
Link ’em up, ladies (and gentlemen). Let’s WIP those WIPs into shape!

Have fun with your swap mini quilt! That made me laugh a bit because I rarely start a project with a fully formed plan. I was actually thinking about this tonight and wondering why I just jump in and end up making lots of mistakes as I go. I need to plan a bit better.

2. Dee
    Dee says:

I love the colors you've chosen and the hexes for the mini quilt…another inspiration from you and your blog! Take your vit-amins and drink lots of fluids…and please get better soon!

3. Melinda
    Melinda says:

I definitely understand about the mojo, Lee. Mine started waning around Christmas time and it has gradually been getting stronger, but I was getting a little worried. Glad to hear your family is getting past sicknesses! And I can't wait to see where your project goes as well!

4. Elizabeth Dackson
    Elizabeth Dackson says:

I can't wait to see what you do with those swap hexies, they're cute so far, even if they started without a plan!! Glad to hear your mojo is starting to come back and that you and the fam are feeling better 🙂

5. Christie, Describe Happy
    Christie, Describe Happy says:

I know what you mean about getting back in the flow of things… and it seems like everything is ramping up so fast and I still barely want to sit behind my sewing machine. Must be the sunny weather still pulling me outside. I need a good snow dump to get me sewing hardcore. Have a great week!!

6. Alli
    Alli says:

Your hex blocks are cute! I think taking fabric out of their packages is good progress. I seriously considered including [copying bag pattern pieces] as something to include in my WIP Wednesday list. 😀

7. occasionalpiece
    occasionalpiece says:

I hear you loud and clear on that one. I chalk mine up to the wretched/blessed surgery business, but as I've read through a lot of the blogs linked up here, I think the blahs are an epidemic. But sometimes, making simple quilt blocks (like your beautiful hexagons) and getting the fabric out of the package is enough.

Thanks again for hosting us all–
    Elizabeth E.
    occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

8. nerdysewist
    nerdysewist says:

This is my first link-up, though I've followed WiP for awhile now. I linked to embroidery – hope that's not too off-theme! Thank you for hosting everyone. I think this is such an inspirational boost for other crafty bloggers!

9. Nicole
    Nicole says:

Ooh, those hexagons are super cute! Even though you don't have a plan set ahead of time, it will come together beautifully. And the fun will be the discovery! I look forward to seeing it all come together.

10. So Very Domestic
    So Very Domestic says:

I can't believe it but I didn't cast on for the first time this year until last night!! The horror!! Next Wednesday I will have some progress. As usual your in progress creations are colourful and lovely!

11. Molly
    Molly says:

I absolutely love your Hexies! They are way too cute- I think no plan can be very liberating sometimes and encourage you to just go for it and try to have fun. When it isn't fun anymore then all the mojo can disappear! Thanks so much for hosting these WIP Wednesdays- as a brand new blogger I was so looking forward to getting to join the ranks and yesterday was my very first one- felt so good!

12. Megan
    Megan says:

Oi, winter colds are no fun. So glad y'all are coming around! Your hexagon blocks are too cute! Good luck cranking out all your bee blocks for this month! Thanks so much for hosting the weekly par-tay! I've discovered a few new to me blogs that have been instantly added to my reader.

Comments are closed.