, ,

WIP Wednesday … And We’re Back!

IMG_8108
Ah, it’s good to be back to the normal routine, isn’t it? My daughter is back in school, the hubs is back at work, everything’s right with the world again. And, I have two completions! Considering that I took a month off from WIP Wednesday in order to complete them, it’s a darn good thing.
Completed (since last WIP Wednesday):
Summer Sampler Quilt
You saw this one here—I finally got motivated to finish it off and give it to my mother-in-law, who was recovering from surgery. It’s nice to get this one off the list, and I no longer have any projects in the “Completed Tops Awaiting Quilting” category! Woot!

Mystery Quilt #2

Another big completion checked off the list.

New projects:

Mini-swap mini quilt
This mini was promised a while ago, and is part of a little private mini-swap. I’m not entirely sure where I’m going with it yet, but I’m digging the colors! (Hopefully the recipient will too.)

Pumpkin the elephant
I’m starting to teach my 5-year-old to sew! She really wanted to make a softy. I’ve never made a softy myself, so it’s a learning experience for both of us. : ) This is from a Melly & Me pattern that I bought several years ago and never used until now. I was a little confused by the legs, but other than that it seems to be turning out okay (knock on wood). I’ve done the cutting, pinning, and applique stitches, but E. sewed all of the seams herself, with my guidance. She’s doing fantastic!

No progress:
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Skill Builder QA
• Kaleidoscope QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt
• Wonky Log CabinThis week’s stats:
Completed projects – 2(!)
New projects – 2 (sigh)

Currently in progress – 10
Link ’em if you got ’em! You all know the rules – link back here, comment, etc. etc. Have a great week—it’s good to be back!

Glad to be back for WIP Wednesday Lee! Thanks for hosting, as always 🙂 Love those strips for your mini, and how adorable is that little elephant, so fun that your daughter wants to learn to sew 🙂

2. Kristy
    Kristy says:

It's sad that this is only like my 2nd WIP Wednesday; but the days seem to get away from me. Hopefully this year will be different.

I can't wait to try my hand at making a Summer Sampler, it's been on my To-Do List for a while. Yours looks great!

3. M B Pazazz
    M B Pazazz says:

Your summer sampler is stunning! Is the white background truly solid white? I don't know why I resist solid white when the results are clearly so fantastic. Maybe something new for me in 2012…

4. Linz
    Linz says:

I love how the Summer Series turned out! SO pretty! I can't wait to see the secret project!! And that elephant is adorable!! Way to go you and your 5 year old!! Wow!!

Glad to have you back!! 🙂

Back in action!! Yaaay!!

I am serious love with that Summer Series. Maybe one day!

I did an elephant like that two years ago and was perplexed by the legs myself! I am glad I wasn't alone!!!

6. Becky M
    Becky M says:

YAY! glad you are back. Next week maybe I'll actually remember that it's wednesday. lol
    Love your summer sampler, it came out beautifully. Good luck with the rest of your elephant, he's cute so far.

7. rubyslipperz
    rubyslipperz says:

This week I don't have a work in progress…well, let me clarify that statement.
    I don't have one photographed and blogged. I do have LOTS…maybe BAH-sillions of WIPs. That is why this year it is one of my goals to put up at least one work in progress each Wednesday.

This will help at least 2 of my 2012 goals. Keep WIPs in focus and…blog more than 2 days per week. =)

Thanks for all that you do with this whole "WIP" project, posts, linkys, etc. Its gotta be at least a bit time consuming and I'm grateful that you put the time in. =) thank YOU!!

hugZ,