WIP Wednesday: My Weird Week

IMG_8463
Yeah, so I had a weird week. Lots of thinking and planning, not much doing. Or, I should say, lots of thinking and planning and changing my mind and being indecisive and giving up and looking at Pinterest because it was easier than making a decision … and not much doing. I need to snap out of it! But I did manage to get a few small things accomplished.
Completed:

Pumpkin the elephant
My first-ever joint project with my 5-year-old is done! And, well, I’m kind of glad. Not because I didn’t like sewing with E. (that part was awesome), but because I have no clue how to sew softies. It turns out that I royally screwed up the legs, and this particular pattern requires a lot of hand-stitching, which was kind of a pain. But it does look like an elephant, and E. loves it and is so proud of her part in making it, so that’s the important thing! Still, I think we’ll have to tackle a doll quilt next. : ) That’s way more my comfort zone.

New projects:

4×5 Bee blocks
I have been paralyzed with indecision for several days over what to do for my 4×5 Bee blocks. See? Weird week! This has never happened to me before. I hate to say it, but I think I’m on quilt block overload right now. I’ve just looked at too many of them lately or something. (I know, is that even possible? Apparently it is.) At any rate, here’s one of several test blocks I’ve made. I’m not in love with it, but if I can’t come up with anything better, this might just be what I’ll go with.

No progress:
• Secret swap mini quilt
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Skill Builder QA
• Kaleidoscope QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt
• Wonky Log CabinThis week’s stats:
Completed projects – 1
New projects – 1
Currently in progress – 10
Now it’s your turn! Link up any post from the last week that features an unfinished project. Don’t forget to put a link to my blog in your post, and comment on some of the other links. Have a productive week!

1. Suz
    Suz says:

I like the bee block too – unusual to have that green background. Toys seem a lot easier than they really are… so I wouldn't feel too bad, at least you finished it and it has all the appendages it was supposed to have. Always a bonus!

2. Becky M
    Becky M says:

Aww, your elephant is so cute! You can't tell if anything is wrong. And I did that to myself when I did the 3×6 bee, I looked at so many blocks I couldn't make a decision! Time to play with fabrics instead!

3. Dolores
    Dolores says:

I love your Bee Block. The pattern travelling around the star reminds me of a ribbon winding around.

No WIPs for me this week, I am having a slow start to the year.

dxx

4. Dee
    Dee says:

Softies are fun to make, but can be intimidating. Your elephant turned out sweetly and the block is very cheerful and happy!

Even though you think the week was a wash…any time spent with family and fabric is a good one!

The elephant is just adorable! Love it!
    And your block is great – reminds me a little of Swoon, but is different enough that it's very cool! I was so indecisive about my first 4X5 block, too. I'd find myself awake at 2am thinking about it – crazy!

I love the elephant, even if his legs didn't turn out exactly right. I can't tell from the picture! Plus, it just adds character 🙂 I'm sorry you've been feeling indecisive– I hate when that hits my creativity! It'll come around, though– it always does!

7. Carla
    Carla says:

That is special for you and E. to share a creations. She will always remember it. I've had that happen to me, I call it Quilters Block. It will go away before you know it.

I get the block overload! I just realized that I have done "square" quilts for most of last year. So jumping back into blocks is frightening to me since I was on such a long hiatus!!!

9. Live a Colorful Life
    Live a Colorful Life says:

Your elephant is adorable. And I understand obsessing about block choice. I stepped back from block exchanges this year. Although it's only January. I could definitely change my mind in the next month or so…

10. ktquilts
    ktquilts says:

Oh boy, I have had weeks like that. Rest and walk away for a day. It will come to you. I am on my second year of no bees, and only a couple swaps (short ones). I miss it sometimes, but I really want to focus on quilting for my family. Maybe next year. Love your elephant. So cute. I really like the Katie Jump Rope star too.

11. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

I'm late getting my post done this week. My computer kept not responding and shutting it down had 10 updates to go through 🙁
    I have tons of projects going all at once that I reported about!

12. occasionalpiece
    occasionalpiece says:

Dang, Lee! 145 link-ups!! We must have all needed this deadline to get crackin'. Thanks again, as usual. Hope you had a nice holiday and a good break, although I'm sure you were busy. Fun to see everyone's posts today. I plan to take the computer to bed with me this evening and read and read read. Thanks for a good New Year kick-off!

Elizabeth E.
    occasionalpiece.wordpress.com

13. Nicole
    Nicole says:

Very cute elephant! And it sounds like wonderful bonding time with your daughter.
    You seem really frustrated by your bee block, but really it is beautiful. When I first saw it, I thought, "What great colors! How did she do that?"

14. Kim
    Kim says:

I absolutely love the hefalump, and that block is stunning – you may have quilters block, but as a brand spanking new quilter you've given me inspiration, so thanks:)