, ,

WIP Wednesday: Onward

Happy Wednesday! After last week’s whole lotta nothing, I was nicely productive this week.

Completed Projects:

March bee blocks – see my post here.

4×5 bee blocks – Finished these earlier today, although I haven’t had a chance to take pictures of the finished blocks yet.

• New York Beauty QA
• Going Coastal
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt

This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 2
New projects – 0

Currently in progress – 7Okay, you all know how this works: Link up any post from the past week featuring a work-in-progress. Link back here and give your other linkers some comment love. Have a great week!

1. Kylie Lloyd
    Kylie Lloyd says:

You have been a busy girl. You could always consider getting a wide back fabric. It is backing fabric that is like wadding that you purchase to fit the entire quilt top. There are really pretty ones out there. I did that for my sister in law. I wanted a flannel backing and picked one out using wide back fabrics.

2. Judith Blinkenberg
    Judith Blinkenberg says:

Wow, you are busy. I love these quilts. The top one with the hst's is really cute and the king, wow, love it. Thats my goal to make several large quilts someday. My kids are waiting. You are a great quilter!

3. heartsease54
    heartsease54 says:

That's why I love wide back fabric, I use it on everything that would normally be pieced. I have a local shop that has a huge selection, plus there are several online resources. It generally runs about 14.00-16.00 yd and I just bought some for a wedding quilt, a little over 2 yards. MUCH cheaper than buying regular yardage for backs, esp. with the price of fabric now.

4. Kristy QP
    Kristy QP says:

Oh I'm loving those Bee blocks! Especially the Winged Square one.

Good luck with the monster sized quilt! Queen size is the biggest I've done but there's a king sized one in my near future (gift for my sister).

5. KristyLou
    KristyLou says:

I love that king sized quilt. I am currently working on a queen size, and from the start I told myself I would have to splurge to have it professionally quilted. Its brought a lot of relief to the project! Good luck finishing!!! I can't wait to see it done.

6. Katie
    Katie says:

For me the entire month of March was a whole lotta nothing, so it feels good to be working on something again. I love your winged star. That clock-chandelier fabric in the center is just awesome!

Pretty blocks! Love that first block with the linen, yummy! Your 4×5 blocks look awesome, lucky hive mates 🙂 Your intersections quilt looks amazing! Way to tackle that behemoth!!

8. Emalee
    Emalee says:

I am so excited about this. Looks beautiful and interesting. It IS huge and it's just one more skill you're developing–at least I'm telling myself that so I don't feel guilty.

9. Karen
    Karen says:

Lovely bee blocks! esp the cuckoo clock one. And there's so many bright and colourful quilts linked this week, spring must have sprung! :o)

10. Becky
    Becky says:

I hear you! I'm quilting a 90 by 85 quilt right now, and was stunned at how much fabric went into the back! I decided to piece it, which at least kept me from having to buy many yards of a single fabric, but that was a real chore too. No wonder I've been so fond of minis lately ;-).

11. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

I don't know how any affords to have quilting done on a long arm! Boy, wouldn't I love to have one, but know that will never be possible.
    I'm so impressed when I go to quilt guild and these older gals have large quilts hand quilted. I do know they aren't like me trying to juggle 100 things each week. I do hope to start doing some hand quilting on larger quilts…but I will be sitting in front of my computer while doing it.