WIP Wednesday: Stopping and Going

wipwednesdaybutton-5

So here we are at Wednesday again, and I don’t have a whole lot to show for it this week. I finished my Going Coastal quilt last Wednesday night, then was too busy to sew for the rest of the week. But as of yesterday, I’m off and running again …

Scrappy Triangles

Completed Projects:

Going Coastal – all done! More details here.

Back-Burner:
• New York Beauty QA
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt

This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 1
New projects – 0
Currently in progress – 6Yep, you know the drill! Link up any post from the past week featuring a work in progress. Then comment, comment, comment. Have a wonderful week!

1. Molly
    Molly says:

Wow, the intersections quilt looks great- I love the color scheme. I also love the quilt you made for your dad too- the flags are perfect for the nautical theme. Really nice work this week!

2. Teje
    Teje says:

Hi Lee! I love your Going Coastal quilt – what a beautiful scene with lovely colours & white front of the sky! I hope you don't mind that today I link to something that is not anymore w.i.p. ut because the idea is from you, I just have to show it here! Finally the quilt that I made with your fish-blocks, is ready! I love it! Thank you for the fish and inspiration! I am linking back to you in my post.
    Have a wonderful time! x Teje

3. Collette
    Collette says:

love both of these quilts and esp Going Coastal love that fabric so much and linking up today. Love the triangles on the coastal very now! x

4. Beth
    Beth says:

I love your Going Coastal quilt – what a great pattern and I really like the fabrics you chose – especially the madras plaid backing. Thanks for another WIP Wed.

Oh I just love your Going Coastal quilt, can't say it enough! That intersections will be oh so worth it in the end, at least you don't have to quilt that behemouth!!

6. Leila
    Leila says:

It is amazing how much fabric a large quilt takes. I remember when I first started quilting and realized that I would need at least 10 yards of fabric for the top of a queen sized quilt. Not to mention the back. Eek! So I stuck with baby quilts for awhile. 🙂

It is beautiful! And the Going Coastal quilt has me totally inspired. If only there weren't so many beautiful quilts to make – either that or unlimited time to sew. 🙂

7. Shontelle
    Shontelle says:

Hi Lee, Both of your quilts look gorgeous. I really like the strong geometric pattern of your intersections quilt. I'm sure your Mum will love it when it's finishes.

8. Geta Grama
    Geta Grama says:

The triangle quilt looks wonderful. I love the fabrics you are using for Intersections. I was wondering how you will quilt the white space, then I remembered that you said you will send it to a LAQ. It will be a gorgeous quilt.

Going Coastal is just gorgeous. And your mother will be thrilled with the quilt you are making because it's beautiful and, well, mothers are just like that…

10. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

I meant to ask last week…..are you just using the same pinterest code for each blog post? If so, which one?
    I clicked on it today to see what it did and seen that I got to choose which photo to pin with it.
    I've been taking the time to put in an image url and the post url to get a code.
    Having something generic would just be so much faster!

Going Coastal is beautiful and I love the Intersections too. I'm using old sheets and curtains right now for backings, budgeting and upcyling – rather than the more truthful broke and desperate! 😉

12. Cherie
    Cherie says:

Love the intersections quilt! Wow that's an awful lot to pay for backing! Do what Lucy and I do. Use bedsheets! Much cheaper and larger than most typical fabric too =D

Going Coastal is such a beautiful quilt, and I know what you mean about big quilts. They are gi-normous, esp. if you've been sewing lap-sized quilts just before. After I finished my son's quilt, I swore never again would I do a king-sized quilt. And congrats on getting so many links on your WIP–fun to see this day grow!

Elizabeth E.