WIP Wednesday: Stopping and Going

So here we are at Wednesday again, and I don’t have a whole lot to show for it this week. I finished my Going Coastal quilt last Wednesday night, then was too busy to sew for the rest of the week. But as of yesterday, I’m off and running again …

Scrappy Triangles

Completed Projects:

Going Coastal – all done! More details here.

• New York Beauty QA
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt

This week’s stats:
Completed projects – 1
New projects – 0
Currently in progress – 6Yep, you know the drill! Link up any post from the past week featuring a work in progress. Then comment, comment, comment. Have a wonderful week!

1. Molly
    Molly says:

Wow, the intersections quilt looks great- I love the color scheme. I also love the quilt you made for your dad too- the flags are perfect for the nautical theme. Really nice work this week!

2. Teje
    Teje says:

Hi Lee! I love your Going Coastal quilt – what a beautiful scene with lovely colours & white front of the sky! I hope you don't mind that today I link to something that is not anymore w.i.p. ut because the idea is from you, I just have to show it here! Finally the quilt that I made with your fish-blocks, is ready! I love it! Thank you for the fish and inspiration! I am linking back to you in my post.
    Have a wonderful time! x Teje

3. Beth
    Beth says:

I love your Going Coastal quilt – what a great pattern and I really like the fabrics you chose – especially the madras plaid backing. Thanks for another WIP Wed.

4. Leila
    Leila says:

It is amazing how much fabric a large quilt takes. I remember when I first started quilting and realized that I would need at least 10 yards of fabric for the top of a queen sized quilt. Not to mention the back. Eek! So I stuck with baby quilts for awhile. 🙂

It is beautiful! And the Going Coastal quilt has me totally inspired. If only there weren't so many beautiful quilts to make – either that or unlimited time to sew. 🙂

5. Shontelle
    Shontelle says:

Hi Lee, Both of your quilts look gorgeous. I really like the strong geometric pattern of your intersections quilt. I'm sure your Mum will love it when it's finishes.

6. Geta Grama
    Geta Grama says:

The triangle quilt looks wonderful. I love the fabrics you are using for Intersections. I was wondering how you will quilt the white space, then I remembered that you said you will send it to a LAQ. It will be a gorgeous quilt.

7. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

I meant to ask last week…..are you just using the same pinterest code for each blog post? If so, which one?
    I clicked on it today to see what it did and seen that I got to choose which photo to pin with it.
    I've been taking the time to put in an image url and the post url to get a code.
    Having something generic would just be so much faster!

Going Coastal is beautiful and I love the Intersections too. I'm using old sheets and curtains right now for backings, budgeting and upcyling – rather than the more truthful broke and desperate! 😉

9. Cherie
    Cherie says:

Love the intersections quilt! Wow that's an awful lot to pay for backing! Do what Lucy and I do. Use bedsheets! Much cheaper and larger than most typical fabric too =D

Going Coastal is such a beautiful quilt, and I know what you mean about big quilts. They are gi-normous, esp. if you've been sewing lap-sized quilts just before. After I finished my son's quilt, I swore never again would I do a king-sized quilt. And congrats on getting so many links on your WIP–fun to see this day grow!

Elizabeth E.