WIP Wednesday: Scattered

I felt like I was being pulled in a million different directions this week. Miss E finished preschool (sniff), I spent the weekend battling the weeds in my backyard (and I haven’t won the war yet), I’m still a little disoriented after my re-entry from Quilt Market, and I spent more time than was probably necessary crafting my finely-honed gangsta image. And at the end of the day, all I really wanted was a glass of wine, but I got a little sewing done too.
New Projects:
EZ Dresden Challenge WIP

EZ Dresden project – you’ll be hearing a lot more a new contest called the EZ Dresden Challenge next week. (Hint: There are prizes. And they are major.) And I’ll be blogging about this project as part of the challenge kick-off blog tour, so stay tuned.

Bee Block in progress

Bee Blocks – two down, one to go! Woot!

Ongoing Projects:

NY Beauty Swap project

New York Beauty Swap – this one’s basically done. I just need to finish hand-stitching the trim/binding, and off it goes to its new home. I hope my partner likes it.

• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt

This week’s stats:
New projects – 2
Completed projects – 0

Currently in progress – 7Now it’s your turn to link up! Here are the rules:

1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP)
2. Somewhere in your post, link back here to my blog. (Or grab my WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other links—because what fun is a linky party without comments?

Have a wonderful week!

So your gangsta picture is hilarious–and seems totally "you." Can't wait to hang out on the corner together. Rippin' seams or something…

Your NYB is beautiful!

Oooo, I love the NY Beauty! The fabrics and colors are so perfect together!
    And I can't wait to hear more about the EZ Dresden – I've never made a Dresden but it's on my list of blocks to try!

3. Leila
    Leila says:

Love dresdens!

Your week sounds like mine! And this week doesn't look like it will be any slower. I am going to start painting in a few minutes – I hate painting – I would rather be sewing! But there is only so long you can put off the chores. 🙂

Your gangster image was pretty much the best thing I've ever seen on a quilting blog LOL. So freakin hilarious. I'm excited to see what you girls will come up with!

I'm intrigued by this EZ Dresden project..

5. Elizabeth Dackson
    Elizabeth Dackson says:

Ooh, your NY Beauty is looking pretty awesome so far, can't wait to see more! And I love that Heirloom fabric you're using in your dresden project, looking good 🙂 I feel you on the feeling scattered, I think I'm in the same boat with you at the moment!

6. landscapelady
    landscapelady says:

I've gone to a few of the linked blogs but the link put on there is for the blog but not the WIP wednsday post, sort of confusing. Maybe remind people to post the WIP link only? Its not I don't like reading other quilters blogs but wanted to see what others have in progress so we can cheer each other on and encourage each other. Thanks

7. Beth
    Beth says:

I haven't tried dresden's yet but I've been wanting to so I am looking forward to learning about the easy way! Oh, and love your gang photo!

8. Sarah Watson
    Sarah Watson says:

I know I'd love to get that Beauty Swap piece. What is it? I mean, other than good looking? And I've been bringing it up to some other gang members, I think you guys should do a music video.