WIP Wednesday: Almost There

wipwednesdaybutton-3

Hey, remember how one of my goals for 2012 was not to overcommit myself? To say no to things, like blog hops and swaps and such? Well, we’re about halfway into 2012, and: Ha ha ha ha ha ha! That was a good one, wasn’t it? Ahhhh, so funny.

Okay, so yes, I’m overcommitted. But I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel. This week I knocked several things off my list, and I’m about ready to polish off one more. Then I get a whole month or so in between blogging commitments. During which I can work on non-blogging commitments. Awesomesauce.

Completed Projects:

Bee block

Bee blocks – post coming tomorrow.

NY Beauty swap pillow

New York Beauty Swap – blogged here.

EZ Dresden project blogged here.
New Projects:

Art Gallery's Rhapsodia

Art Gallery Fabrics Fat Quarter Gang project. I’m so excited about my first tutorial for the Gang, which is running this Monday! You’ll just have to hit the AGF blog on Monday to see what I’m cooking up. And while you’re there, don’t forget to check out the Gang’s first tutorial, a body pillow by Rachel from ps I quilt.

Back-Burner:
• Gen X Quilters’ Charmed Prints QA
• Halloween quilt
• Farmer’s Wife QA
• Figgy Pudding quilt

This week’s stats:
New projects – 1
Completed projects – 3

Currently in progress – 5Now it’s your turn to link up! Here are the rules:

1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP)
2. Somewhere in your post, link back here to my blog. (Or grab my WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other links—because what fun is a linky party without comments?

Have a wonderful week!

1. Melinda
    Melinda says:

Love your projects! I think we all understand overdoing it on the project lists. My goal was to finish at least one old project for every new one I start. How's it working out? Well, you're not supposed to ask something like that….

2. Linz
    Linz says:

I love that bee block!!

haha, I have also thrown my very careful restraints out the window for 2012. I suppose we just can't help ourselves! 🙂

3. A.J. Dub. (Amy)
    A.J. Dub. (Amy) says:

🙂 Did you think when you started blogging how awesomely popular you would get? It may sounds cheesy but I am proud of your accomplishments. You are an amazing gal and I am very glad you take time to share your talents with us. But also, don't feel obligated to crank out the stuff. We love you anyway. We don't want a fried Lee now, do we? 😉

Your Dresden project is AWESOME! I love it. I can't wait to see what you post for the fat quarter gang tutorial. LOL – a quilting gang, never fails to make me laugh when I see those words together. 🙂

5. The Sewing Chick
    The Sewing Chick says:

Hi Lee. Love all your projects – especially that New York Beauty pillow!! I got such a kick out of everyone's "gangster names and pics" in the Fat Quarter Gang. So funny and clever, too 🙂

6. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

Your work is always so beautiful.
    I wish I could go on about a month long sewing retreat somewhere. Leave all the hussle and bussle of life behind and just relax and enjoy myself.

7. diane
    diane says:

That's funny, Lee. I have been so busy to even blog much, although there has been lots of sewing going on. I can say Except for one bee, I am caught up and ready to go on vacation.
    All your work is stunning and I appreciate the WiP Wednesdays so much. Hopefully when I return I can start linking up again.xo

8. clairesoprano
    clairesoprano says:

Hello, Lee! I'm still fairly new to quilting and I've been noticing how beautifully all of your points line up…any tips for a beginner? I appreciate any help you can give. Happy Monday!