, ,

On Display

So, did anybody get to International Quilt Festival in Houston this past week? I am so proud that I had a quilt hanging at the Festival!

Photo courtesy of Heidi of Buttons and Butterflies

My Supernova quilt was part of the Modern Quilt Guild Showcase 2012. I’m honored that something I made was chosen to help represent “modern” to the rest of the quilting world.

Photo courtesy of Heidi of Buttons and Butterflies
I love that the Modern Quilt Guild included my blurb about my design process, which is taken from the application I filled out to enter the quilt in the show. I guess if I had known it would end up on a sign at International Quilt Festival for all to see, I might have edited it a little more carefully (“but yet”?). : )

I wish wish wish I could have seen my quilt there in person, but thank you to Heidi of Buttons and Butterflies for taking such great pictures and allowing me to post them here. It was almost as good as being there.

Photo courtesy of Brenda of Pink Castle Fabrics

I was lucky enough to have a couple of quilts displayed at Fall Quilt Market as well. Here’s the quilt I contributed to the new Martingale book, Modern Quilts from the Blogging Universe. Apparently it was displayed at Martingale’s Schoolhouse session for the book—I didn’t even know they were planning to have my quilt there! It’s hard to believe it’s been almost a year since I’ve seen it myself!

Photo courtesy of Kati of From the Blue Chair

And here’s my little Lifesavers mini, which was my entry in the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild‘s EZ Dresden challenge.

Photo courtesy of Kati of From the Blue Chair

It took third place in the challenge and therefore got to be displayed in the Simplicity booth at Market. Don’t all those winning quilts look great?

It was fun to have some quilts at Market—it’s the next best thing to being there in person!

1. Fabric Quilt Shop
    Fabric Quilt Shop says:

Beautiful quilts. I made it to Quilt Market but sadly did not get to view any of the finished quilts because of the time frame I had and having to spend my time shopping for new fabric for my shop.

2. Kristan
    Kristan says:

I went! It was really nice to see Supernova and some other pieces I recognize from blogland. Congrats, it must have felt so awesome to have your work hanging at such important quilting industry events!

3. Laura
    Laura says:

I went to Festival Saturday and Sunday and was so excited to see all the quilts in The Modern Quilt Guild exhibit. I am so proud of all the quilters represented there and was a little "star-struck" because of the ones made by people I have "Intermet" (met on the internet through blogs!!!-my own new word!) Congratulations!!!

It was great!! I loved your quilt and I just posted some of the pictures I took on by blog although I didn't get one of your quilt – the lighting was tough on my phone and a lot came out blurry: http://thetiltedquilt.blogspot.com/2012/11/international-quilt-festival-houston.html
    I was really blown away by some of the art quilts and I felt like modern quilting was well represented as well as the traditional methods – lots and lots of Swarovski crystals this year too. Amazing work!

5. Sherri
    Sherri says:

I LOVED seeing your quilt…I spotted it from across the room…knew I had seen it on your blog…and took several pictures (I haven't done my post yet on the Festival quilts but will post them soon)!

6. Meredith
    Meredith says:

I saw your pretty quilt in Houston but neglected to take a single picture! So glad you got one. It was great to see the Modern Quilt display there this year. Congratulations!

So glad I took a picture for you! I know it wasn't the same, but I hope you felt like you were "there" for just a moment! The Modern Quilt display was pretty awesome and to see so many bloggers that are so awesome was really quite spectacular!!!