WIP Wednesday: My Scrap Bins Overfloweth

8253389546_fdb631e427_o-9
WIPWednesday

Welcome to the first WIP Wednesday of 2013! Did you all have a happy new year? Mine was … scrappy!

Scrappy Tripalong scraps

I got suckered in by the Scrappy Tripalong pictures on Instagram and had to join in. But digging through my overflowing scrap bins made me realize that something had to be done. Most of the bins wouldn’t even close anymore! It was an embarrassment, really. I could make 15 king-size Scrappy Tripalongs and still have too many scraps. Ugh.

Scrap bin organization!

So about 3 hours and one Rose Bowl later, my scrap bins looked like this. Can you hear the angels singing? : )

Scrappy Trip Along blocks

After all that, this is as far as I got on actually sewing the blocks. (Not that I’m not complaining!) I decided to throw a strip of yarn-dyed Essex linen into the center of each block. Just because.

But you should know that the only reason my scrap bins look so amazing now is because of this:

Bags of Scraps

Yep, those are nine gallon-size ziplock bags full of scraps! There’s just no way I can use all these scraps, so I’m selling these bags for $15 each (that includes shipping to U.S. addresses in a large flat-rate USPS envelope). As of now, all the bags have been taken! Thank you, everyone!

So what are you working on this week? Whatever you’re sewing, link it up here! Just remember the rules:

1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab my WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links. Because what fun is a linky party without comments?

Here’s to lots of scrap sewing in 2013.

1. Gemma@prettybobbins
    Gemma@prettybobbins says:

Good on you for sorting you scraps! I did mine a few months back and sadly they are a mess again… I was going to tidy this month but it seems there is too much sewing going on 😉

2. Becky Butler
    Becky Butler says:

If only I lived in the US, I never spot scrap sales like this in the UK! So jealous! And congrats on being so organised, my fabric is all just shoved in bags in a kitchen cupboard!

3. Dee
    Dee says:

What a great way to destash, organize and sew in the New Year! Congratulations!

I'm being sucked in too…well…sort of on the edge of the whirlpool, headed into the vortex! LOL

Can't wait to see where this is going for your scraps!

Your scrap bins look awesome–great way to get rid of some scraps too. Yes, I got sucked into the scrappy tripalong and actually CREATED more scraps because I busted apart a Kona jelly roll. *sigh*

5. Tina ~ Seaside Stitches
    Tina ~ Seaside Stitches says:

Lee, thank you for continuing the WIP Wednesday linky party for 2013. It really keeps me on track as I want to have something to show each week! I'm tempted to start playing with trip around blocks, but I need to get some other things done first. Happy New Year!

6. Angela
    Angela says:

I desperately need to do the same with my scraps too. I could certainly hear the angels singing over your beautiful organized scraps. And I think your scrappy trip along will be great with linen in there!

7. Leila
    Leila says:

Love the organization! My goal today is to clean my sewing area – I have been putting it off for months! It's hard to sew when you can't find your machine. 🙂

8. Greta
    Greta says:

I just wanted to say thank you for keeping WIP Wednesday going in 2013. I have spent a lot of time away from the online community lately dealing with some personal craziness so I was excited to be coming back and have a place to share what I'm working on because it keeps me accountable to reducing the pile. Thanks again!

9. Becky (My Fabric Obsession)
    Becky (My Fabric Obsession) says:

Go Lee! that is awesome that you cleaned house like that! Must feel good to have the scraps cleaned and sorted and cleared out. I was thinking of doing the scrappy trip along. I have a bin of strips already, but they are all different widths. The thought of sorting them gives me a headache.

10. Thearica
    Thearica says:

Lee! I made it! I have been upstairs working on a wallhanging from the result of a row robin that I hosted umpteen years ago! Just got my post created and came to link up! So glad you are taking WIP Wednesdays in to 2013!

You rock!

11. Thearica
    Thearica says:

ummm.. of all things, I made a boo-boo! I had copied and pasted your link last while I was doing my post and forgot to pull the url from my post. Please delete the entry that has my name on it. I linked a second time and put PigTalesandQuilts as the name.

Sorry to be trouble.. First time back in a while and I make a mess. ..

12. Erin S.
    Erin S. says:

I did that today, too. But, I'm cutting down all my scraps into 2.5" or 3" squares for future quilts and one swap I found. It's amazing how much I'll get rid of or get better organized so I can be more productive. (Although, I have to admit, your scraps are prettier than mine. I'm jealous!

Comments are closed.