, , ,

WIP Wednesday: Traveling (Kind Of)

8253389546_fdb631e427_o-5
WIPWednesday
Here’s what’s happening in my world this week ….
Look at all the Pearl Bracelets

Look at all the pretty Pearl Bracelets, just waiting to be made into something fun and colorful and springtimey and sunshiney. Don’t we all need that right now? In fact, let’s make it a quilt-along! I’m announcing it tomorrow, so come back for details on design, fabric requirements, all that good stuff.

Arkansas Traveler blocks

Faith’s been working on an Arkansas Traveler quilt, which got me thinking about these beauties, made for me last year by the Stash Trad bee. A plan is starting to form.

Summer Sampler blocks

And of course, I made a few more of these with my Modern Sampler students. Including another Arkansas Traveler. Can’t have too much of a good thing, right?

What have you been working on? Link up your works-in-progress. Here are the rules:

1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab my WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links. Because what fun is a linky party without comments?
 Loading InLinkz …
  1. kat129
    kat129 says:

Everything about this post makes me happy. Enjoy the new quilty ideas for the Stash Trad blocks and can;t wait to see the QAL you come up with! Thanks again for hosting Lee!

2. Melia Mae Quilting
    Melia Mae Quilting says:

I just love that pearl bracelet fabric!!!! I am excited to see the QAL info you post. Hopefully it is one that I can finally keep up with! Sometimes it is hard to work and keep up with two little ones all the while enjoy my "quilty habit".

3. Leila
    Leila says:

Anything that involves a rainbow of fabrics is bound to be good!
    Those Bee blocks are Bee-utiful! I'm soo funny. 🙂
    Congrats on your book! It looks amazing!

4. Katy Cameron
    Katy Cameron says:

I think you need to make that rainbow of bracelets into a quilt and call it Jewel Box :oD I've been playing with bee blocks this week too, it must be that time of year!

5. wannabequilter.com
    wannabequilter.com says:

I saw that Pearl Bracelets fabric and loved it and wondered 'what would I do with it?'….then you tell us you're going to do a QAL…..hmmmm….not sure if I can jump into another project right now. Darn you, Lee! 🙂

Okay, I resisted pearl bracelets as long as I could, and like Cindy of Live a Colorful Life, I now have a complete set as well. I've already used them filling on a couple of quilts–and I may just use them for that, for except for a few pieces, they aren't terribly high contrast (which is what I like in my quilts). But gorgeous just the same.

I applaud your travelingness! I'll check back tomorrow and see what you're up to. Bravo to you for getting a lot of quilters up and at 'em!

E.

7. Kitchener Quilter
    Kitchener Quilter says:

I just came across your blog, and had a peek at ALL the links. Can you believe it? Took a break from sewing and just went through them one by one. I love the fact that you have such an extensive link-up going on. Amazing. Thanks for doing it.