, ,

Bloom Bloom Pow: Finished Quilt!

Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 9.22.48 PM
It’s time! Time to finish your Bloom Bloom Pow quilt and show it off! : )
Bloom Bloom Pow - done
I’m so pleased with how this quilt turned out! It really did come out exactly how I pictured it. That doesn’t happen all that often. : )
Screen Shot 2016-07-05 at 9.22.48 PM
And I want to thank everyone who quilted along with me! It made it even more fun than it would have been.
And I am SO very impressed with the Bloom Bloom Pow quilts you guys have come up with! Here are just a few of the gorgeous quilts that have popped up in my Flickr group recently:
BBP-top-no-hats

Butterfly Bloom Bloom Pow!
Top done

Laying out Bloom Bloom Pow.

IMG_20130430_194628_368
Top is pieced

Close up of my quilt

As always, I love seeing how a pattern of mine served as a jumping off point for others’ creativity. : )

But of course, these aren’t the only cool BBP quilts out there! Link up your own Bloom Bloom Pow quilt using the linky below. This way, we can all enjoy each others’ creations! The linky will remain open indefinitely, so no worries about hurrying to finish. And your quilt doesn’t even need to be completely finished in order to link up—I’ll leave it up to you when in the process you link up. All I ask is that you link up ONLY ONE TIME. And yes, you can link to a Flickr photo if you don’t have a blog!

Thank you again for making this quilt-along so much fun. Enjoy your Bloom Bloom Pow quilts!

Bloom Bloom Pow Quilt-Along schedule
March 21 – Introduction
March 28 – Design strategy
April 4 – Cutting your fabric
April 18 – Cutting the triangles
May 9 – Wrap-up and link-up

1. Anita
    Anita says:

Beautiful! And great photos too. Thank you again for hosting this QAL. And I also finally figured out how not to be a no reply blogger from one of your previous posts. So thank you for that too. 🙂

2. jan
    jan says:

I love the pearl bracelets for the BBP! Looks terrific! This is def on my to do list! Are the instructions going to be available for a while?
    Thanks
    jan

Lovely! I especially like seeing it outdoors as that tells me the long Wisconsin winter is over and you are fully into Spring. I've seen lots of these quilts in your Flickr group and around on the web, and I have to say I like the "trimmed off" edges the best. But maybe that's because I use my quilts, and I think varying edges are interesting, but not preferred (for me).

Bravo to you for another great project!

Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

4. Kathie
    Kathie says:

How fun to see my quilt up there! Thank you for the QAL, I had a great time from start to . . . well I'm working on that finish :-). I couldn't decide on the backing so I was up at SuperBuzzy (my LQS) with the top and we brainstormed some of my ideas for backing. I just really need that collaboration :-)!!

5. Jeneta
    Jeneta says:

What a fantastic lineup! I am still always impressed at how different quilts can look when using the same pattern but different fabrics!

6. CATHY DANIEL
    CATHY DANIEL says:

It's so good to see so many different interpretations of the same pattern. It makes me think about how individual creativity is such a wonderful thing, and how different everyone's tastes are, and yet all look really fabulous. xCathy

7. Sarah
    Sarah says:

Oh they're all lovely, but Laurelar has nailed it! Those colour, that background, the clear sunny day, it's just perfection.

Comments are closed.