WIP Wednesday: My Usual ADHD

8253389546_fdb631e427_o-6
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

This week in my world …

Picnic quilt squaresSo I cut out this whole stack of squares for my picnic quilt.

And that was as far as I got on that one, because I was suddenly overtaken by the urge to do some paper-piecing. : )

New WIP

I’m hoping to finish this one in time to enter it in the AQS Modern Quilt Challenge. After Quilt Con, I wasn’t sure I wanted to enter another quilt show any time soon. One of my quilts placed, after all, so it’s pretty tempting to stop while I’m ahead. : ) But AQS puts on the Grand Rapids show, which is in my hometown, so I guess that’s worth a shot. The deadline is August 2, so I need to put the pedal to the metal on this one.

What are you working on this week? Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab the WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links.

1. Kelly Young
    Kelly Young says:

oh! I really like the color palette of your paper piece blocks. They are so soothing to look at. I can't wait to see the quilt take shape!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

2. Anne
    Anne says:

Oooh, I just made some blocks similar to your paper-pieced ones, except I didn't paper-piece them. I really wish I had. I am interested to see what yours end up in!

3. Willit Neverend
    Willit Neverend says:

I love the fabric choice for the picnic quilt.

Good luck with the quilt challenge. I can't imagine making a whole quilt in a week. I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

4. Serena Edwards
    Serena Edwards says:

It's a strong force this quilting business – so hard to stay on just one project at a time! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished paper piecing quilt 🙂

5. Heather
    Heather says:

I've got crazy quilting ADD this week too! I have worked on like 10 projects! Can't wait to see what you are making with your paper pieced blocks, have fun 🙂

6. Aoife
    Aoife says:

Is that the chicken wire mesh from Oink-A-Doodle-Moo? I love those prints. And I know exactly what you mean about getting distracted in the midst of one project 🙂 I'm hoping that doesn't happen to me for the next couple of weeks!

I was looking at Road to California's entry and for the first time they are having a Modern Quilt section. I think your gorgeous Storm at Sea would be a shoe-in for getting in as it is such a beautiful quilt and beautifully done. Have you considered this? Link: http://www.road2ca.com/img/2014img/2014_Entry.pdf

Road is a nationally-ranked show, but is in my backyard. I'll go and take photos of your quilt there, if you decide to enter. Just a thought. . .

8. FlourishingPalms
    FlourishingPalms says:

I hope you get this finished. I entered the AQS modern challenge, but entered my Madrona Road quilt. It's been finished since January! I'm glad YOU like these kinds of deadlines. I do not!

9. Shirley
    Shirley says:

Just realized you live in Grand Rapids and I had no idea! I'm in Holland and thought you were this awesome quilter miles away!

Comments are closed.