, , ,

WIP Wednesday: Recovering

8253389546_fdb631e427_o

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
After battling that delightful fall cold for the better part of this week, I finally got up off the couch on Monday and I’m getting my energy back. About time! Feeling unproductive is the worst.

Cartwheels
almost finished my Waterfront Park Cartwheel blocks when I screwed up some cutting and had to order more fabric. Blurg. Good thing I actually started this project in a timely manner instead of procrastinating until the last minute like I usually do. : ) I love how it’s turning out—it reminds me of shards of broken glass, all jagged edges, but yet sparkly too. And I’m so excited about this quilt, because for the first time, a quilt of mine is going to Market to sell my own wares. This quilt will be up in the booth of one of my pattern distributors, in hopes of bringing in lots of pattern orders from shops.

100 Quilts for Kids quilt

With just under a week to go until the 100 Quilts for Kids link-up closes, I finished my charity quilt top with my stray Farmer’s Wife blocks. A black dot print might not be the most typically kid-friendly print, but I had it on hand and I really like it for the background. And that counts for something, even with a charity quilt, right? (Thanks to all of you who suggested dots!) Now I just need to quilt this one up. I’m thinking it needs a nice red binding.

Finally, I’m working on a shot-cotton challenge for the Milwaukee Modern Quilt Guild. I wasn’t feeling super inspired by my assigned color—in fact, it kind of left me cold. But I guess that’s why they call it a challenge. : ) Anyway, I think I’m onto something now. But sorry, no pictures—it’s an anonymous challenge because we’ll all be voting!

What are you working on this week? Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab the WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

Your cartwheel quilt is looking awesome – what a perfect line for it! Good luck with the pattern orders etc. – very exciting! The dots on your FW quilt are great too – what a refreshing change of pace!

2. Adrianne
    Adrianne says:

Ooh, your Cartwheels quilt is looking great, good luck for Market!! I really love the dot print you've used for the charity quilt. I'm totally in favour of not making kids' quilts too babyish and I think this one is fun but not too juvenile.

3. Cille
    Cille says:

Oh, I SO agree. Feeling unproductive is the worst! Glad you're on the mend again 🙂
    Your Cartwheel blocks are great and I really like your spotted background for your charity quilt.

4. Karen
    Karen says:

Lee just love the cartwheel blocks! Going to be a stunning quilt – and Congratulations on it going to Market for your own wares! How exciting ! Thanks for the Linky party!

5. quiltswithpersonality
    quiltswithpersonality says:

Lee glad to hear you are feeling much better. The cartwheel blocks are fabulous – I think the shards of glass are a great description. Congratulations with your quilt to market. Many thanks for hosting the linky party.

6. Lorna McMahon
    Lorna McMahon says:

Hooray for feeling better! Love the gray background on your cartwheels. Really makes those colours shine! Congrats on her going to market! Your Farmer's Wife charity top is sweet, too. Good for you, Lee!

7. jayne
    jayne says:

I am loving the cartwheel blocks too! Congrats! You will come up with something fantastic with your shot cotton as well! I love them, and cannot wait to see what you decide on!

8. jan
    jan says:

I see you have been turning cartwheels – They do remind me of shards of glass! I love it!
    xo jan@sewandsowfarm and I do like the polka dots for the back.

9. Joanie's Trendy Quilts
    Joanie's Trendy Quilts says:

Lee your Waterfront Cartwheel blocks are so wonderful! As great as the blocks are it is most likely a shoe-in there will be lots of orders! Happy to hear you are feeling well! I too had a cold/allergies that drained me of energy when I really wanted to sew! Thanks again for your weekly linky party,

10. Lori
    Lori says:

So glad you are feeling better. Its no fun to be sick when you have little ones. I love your shattered glass looking block. I can so see this on a table runner. Where did you get the pattern?