WIP Wednesday: Slow to the Finish

8253389546_fdb631e427_o-3

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Have you ever had one of those projects that seems to take 12 times longer than it should have? One of those projects that just seems to defy all efforts to complete it? A WIP that stays WIPpy forever?

Cartwheels quilt in progress
My latest Cartwheels quilt is all of that and more. I originally thought I would have this quilt done more than two weeks ago. Then I thought of course it would be done by the end of last week. And yet, here it sits, still on happily sprawled out on my sewing table, taunting me with its unfinished state.

Sparkler quilt - off to Houston
But things just keep getting in the way of my finishing that quilt. For example, I had a bit of an issue with my Sparkler quilt—I was somehow unaware until a few days ago that Sparkler had been accepted into this year’s Modern Quilt Guild Showcase at Quilt Festival in Houston. Therefore, I did not in fact ship Sparkler to Houston like I was supposed to more than a month ago, and I was very confused when I got an email on Friday from the nice ladies at Quilts, Inc., asking where the heck it was. LOL. So, I don’t know if there’s any such thing as a quilt hanging sleeve emergency, but if there is, I had one this weekend, with all the hand-stitching that is likely to accompany such a thing.

Of course, I’m not complaining—I’m so excited that Sparkler will be hanging in Houston! (If you’re planning to attend, stop by and check it out, if for no other reason than that the amazingly talented Jenny Pedigo quilted it like a boss.) But it meant that Cartwheels had to sit and wait while I stitched. And wait. And wait some more.

Cartwheels quilt in progress
Mark my words: This quilt will be done today. To. Day. I got my eye on you, Cartwheels.

What are you working on this week? Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab the WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

1. Gina
    Gina says:

How fun to have a quilt hanging at Market!! hope you finish like you want to and nothing else keeps your WIP a WIP forever!!

Um, hello! My Bloom Bloom Pow is still not finished! So I feel your pain, sometimes things just don't come together. That Waterfront Park though is looking fabo for this Cartwheels version.

Wowser that quilting is awesome. I find that some quilts just need a right royal talking to before they'll get it together. You tell it what for and I bet it'll be done in no time 🙂

4. Lorna McMahon
    Lorna McMahon says:

That straight line quilting… It looks sew great when it's done. But it takes forever to get it that way. Hope you can get both of those projects taken care of today. They are both very lovely, Lee.

5. Joanie's Trendy Quilts
    Joanie's Trendy Quilts says:

I have enjoyed seeing the progression of your wonderful Cartwheels quilt! Congrats that your Sparkler quilt being shown in Houston. I would have to say putting Cartwheels on hold to finish Sparkler was worthwhile the wait! Thanks again for hosting your linky party!!

6. LynCC
    LynCC says:

Good luck on finishing cartwheels today. The lines look so straight and perfectly even, but it doesn't look like you've marked the quilt? How are you doing that? Super intrigued!

7. ChristaQuilts
    ChristaQuilts says:

Congrats on having your Sparkler quilt in that show. It's still one of my favorites 😉 Darn pesky had sewing hanging sleeves! I wish there was a better way to do that part quickly, LOL!

8. Anne
    Anne says:

A big congrats on getting Sparkler into the Houston show. I look forward to seeing it in person. It's also nice to know I'm not the only one with a quilt that becomes "WIPpy forever." I so relate.

Comments are closed.