WIP Wednesday: Taking A Breather

8253389546_fdb631e427_o-2

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
It’s been a busy, tumultuous couple of weeks around here, and as a result I haven’t had much opportunity for sewing recently. But now that my Quilt Market prep is (mostly) done and other administrative stuff is out of the way, I’m looking forward to a renewed focus on this blog and all the sewing that comes with it!

Cartwheels for Market

But I did finish that Cartwheels quilt for Market, and it’s already been sent off! I’ll have a complete post on it in the next few days, and look for it on the floor in Houston if you will be at Market!

New stack

And I think I need to come up with a plan for this fabric stack ASAP.

What are you working on this week? Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab the WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

I have a couple of quilty friends going to Market–I'll ask them to look for your cartwheel quilt, as it turned out so beautifully!

Thanks for doing the WIP even in the midst of all the preparation for market–I appreciate the motivation and the inspiration of other quilters.

Elizabeth E.
    opquilt.com

2. Joanie's Trendy Quilts
    Joanie's Trendy Quilts says:

I am happy to hear you finished Cartwheels in time to be sent to Market. I am sure that is a huge relief. I hope you get a breather soon. I pinned your Cartwheels Quilt. 🙂 I love your line quilting. Thanks so much for finding time to pull together your weekly linky party, especially when so many things are happening at one time for you!

3. Pinspot
    Pinspot says:

I'm not a big fan of purple, but that pretty purple in your stack seems to go with every color right now. I see it everywhere. I credit Waterfront Park.
    Managing this link-up every week must be a real chore. Thanks for doing it!

4. Leila
    Leila says:

Oh, I am loving your stack of fabrics! There is nothing funner than picking out fabric for a quilt!

There hasn't been much sewing time for me either, but I am hoping that will be changing. I can't wait to see what you have been working on and any sneak peaks from your book you can give us. 🙂

5. Holly Moore
    Holly Moore says:

Lee thank you so much for your kind reply to my foot question. :). I just love your cartwheel quilt. The diagonal quilting on it looks fantastic! I'm drooling over your fabric stack, as I am just newly back into quilting. Thank you for sharing! Blessings! Holly

6. Wendy
    Wendy says:

Congratulations on your book! The cover looks great! And, thanks for hosting this linky. It's my first time linking up, but not my first time visiting your blog – your tutorials are awesome – thanks!