, ,

WIP Wednesday: The Knitting Bug

IMG_3145

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
It’s November and it’s getting colder and I’m ready to hunker down and make some stuff. And not all out of fabric, either!

Once upon a time, I was the tiniest bit obsessed with knitting. Then I got a sewing machine and kind of forgot about “the sticks,” as a friend of mine calls them. But lately I’ve been admiring all the Honey Cowls being knitted around blogland, especially by Anna and Angela, and decided to get the sticks back out. I haven’t knitted anything in so long I couldn’t even remember how to cast on, but some YouTube videos refreshed my memory and I was off and running.

But don’t worry, I haven’t abandoned my Janome. These guys are hoping to be sewn up into something pretty very soon. If only I would stop changing my mind about the other colors to go with them.

Ditto for this little stack, which is destined to become a Spiced Chai quilt from Vintage Quilt Revival, once my neutral background fabric eventually arrives. Speaking of Spiced Chai, Katie is talking about it over on her blog this morning as part of our “Meet the ‘Vintage Quilt Revival’ Quilts” series, so pop over there to see her version.

What are you working on?
1. Link up any post from the past week that features at least one unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog. (Or grab the WIP Wednesday button for your sidebar.)
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

1. Anne
    Anne says:

Oh wow, I love your pull for the Spiced Chai quilt!
    I started learning to knit, but felt like I was cheating on my sewing machine. o.O Is that weird?

2. Marsha Cooper
    Marsha Cooper says:

My knitting is simple only and I do need to get started on the scarves that my daughter and granddaughters have requested that I make them for Christmas.
    I appreciate that the linky is all on one page this week. I did look through both pages, just easier this way 🙂

3. Brenda
    Brenda says:

I have some yarn that has just been sitting waiting for me to find the right pattern to make into a scarf of some sort. And I would love it to be a knit pattern for somewhat of a beginner. I can crochet most anything but still a newbie at knitting. Color choices are so hard when you have so many possibilities.

4. Soma Acharya
    Soma Acharya says:

I love to knit. Now the weather is getting a little cooler even here in Southern CA, I am starting to knit more. It's a nice to step away from designing quilting patterns and sewing and work something different. I am working on my very first sweater now.

-Soma

5. Elsa
    Elsa says:

Pretty color for your Honey cowl.
    I'm currently knitting a couple of things. The Daybreak shawl, a herringbone cowl and a Multnomah shawl. I know, it's a lot but I get bored.
    Just finished (quilted and bound!!!) a Holiday Scrappy Trip and getting ready to do another! I've been busy around my house!

6. jazs07
    jazs07 says:

I prefer the same, specially when Christmas season is arriving, well it is one of my best way to get rid boredom at all and somehow to warm up my self as it is getting colder, I am wondering if what kind of background Fabrics are you waiting for.