WIP Wednesday: Sewing For Me

IMG_2805

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
So, this was kind of a recovery week for me after the craziness of Market, and I had a busy Memorial Day weekend that involved absolutely zero sewing. But last week I said I was looking forward to doing some sewing that was just for me, and I did accomplish a little of that this week too. Whew. : )

Since I brought home that bundle of Cotton + Steel, I decided to put it to use in my Aviatrix Medallion quilt (This is quite possibly the fastest I’ve ever cut into a Sample Spree purchase, by the way.)

How much do you just love this selvage on one of Melody Miller’s Cotton + Steel prints? Food for thought while you’re sewing.

This week I’m really throwing myself into that Aviatrix Medallion, so stay tuned for some progress on that one! (I hope. Fingers crossed.)

And what are you working on this week? Here are the linky rules:
1. Link up any blog post from the past week that features an unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. Somewhere in your post, you must link back here to my blog.
3. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

1. gnomeangel
    gnomeangel says:

I don't know how you restrained yourself for so long – they're sublime!

Thanks for hosting the link party – really appreciate it and love seeing what everyone is working on! 🙂

2. MsMidge
    MsMidge says:

It must be something to do with medallion quilts – that whole quick cutting in to stash additions! My AMH bundles arrived last week and within half an hour were on the table being sliced and diced!

3. Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy
    Erin @ Sew at Home Mummy says:

Gorgeous – those C&S fabrics are so beautiful, and I agree with a previous comment – good for you for cutting into them. It took me almost 2 years to start in on a Coquette jelly roll, LOL. C&S would be eye candy on my shelf for a lot longer than that!

4. Laura Links
    Laura Links says:

Beautiful fabric choices for the Aviatrix Medallion quilt! I can't wait to see how your version turns out. I have the pattern but haven't been able to decide on fabric yet…

5. Marly
    Marly says:

Those Cotton and Steel fabrics are lovely. I'm eager for them to hit the shops here. I'm looking forward to seeing how you use them in your medallion quilt.

6. annieb71
    annieb71 says:

Today is the first time I participated in a linky party, which is WIP Wednesday. I followed all the rules. I feel a little brainless asking this, but I want to follow the rules….so here goes. In the original post that I posted on Monday, how do I link that back to your blog? Thanks.

7. Angie
    Angie says:

as a junior blogger, (freshman might be a better description), THANKS for this blog and linky. it is fun to read yours, it inspires me in many ways, and such fun to scroll/click thru photos and other quilt blogs as well!