I wanted a chance to showcase Sara’s amazing print that brings the “jungle” directly to the “urban.” But this is a classic case of a print I just couldn’t bear to cut up. In small pieces, it would lose its sense of fun and uniqueness. So I made it the background of a single-star quilt design.
I admit, it was a little nerve-wracking using this print for the background of this quilt design. I had to think long and hard about the construction of this quilt, so that it was put together in such a way that minimized the number of seams. Again, I just didn’t want to break up this print any more than I absolutely had to!
That meant triangles. And triangle math. Triangle math is not my forté. But I did eventually manage to come up with a quilt that looked like my sketch. It might not be quite the size I originally planned, but nobody’s perfect. : )
Anyway, I really love how this one turned out. I love how you can take a single star like this one and make it more dynamic, so that the design expands over the entire quilt. And the straight-line quilting on my Bernina was smooth as butter, of course.
Sara’s Jungle Ave. line will be hitting stores in June.