, , ,

WIP Wednesday: Summer’s End

IMG_3935

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced
Wednesday again already? My girls have two weeks left of summer vacation, and it is flying by, you guys. Here’s where I’m at on some of my projects:

My upcoming Christmas pattern is coming right along! It’s a Nordic-inspired design that I’m tentatively calling “Christmas Sweater.” : )

Can’t wait to get this baby together.

And of course, my new sewing space is my other big project! We added french doors to the doorway, the lights are installed, and they finished the drywall work earlier today—which means I get to paint, paint, paint this week. And how much do you love my aqua light fixtures? I got my craftiness on and spray-painted some cheapie white fixtures.

What are you working on this week? Here’s how to link up:
1. Link up any blog post or Instagram photo from the past week that features an unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. To link an Instagram photo, click the Instagram icon at the bottom of the link-up screen, and use the URL of your IG feed as the link (for example, my URL is www.instagram.com/freshlypieced). Please hashtag #wipwednesday and mention me, @freshlypieced.
3. If you are linking to a blog post, please link back here to my blog somewhere in your post.
4. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links, either IG or blog—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!

1. Julie
    Julie says:

I'm loving your blocks! Are you going to release a pattern for this? It's totally my style of Christmas quilt. Also love your sewing room. Those aqua fixtures are so fun. Can't wait to see it put together!

2. Mari
    Mari says:

Love those stars! It really does look like a Christmas sweater, or at least a skiing sweater. Can't wait to see your new sewing room. Those aqua light fixtures are inspired.

3. Katie V
    Katie V says:

Wow the room is really coming along! Can't wait to see the end results. Loving the Christmas colors and quilts I'm seeing around these days. I'm not quite ready for Christmas but I love seeing what other people are prepping for the holidays.

4. Crafty Coffin
    Crafty Coffin says:

The sewing space is looking fabulous. And that new quilt pattern is very appropriately named – I'm a knitter first and it definitely reminds me of some fair isle patterns in a really great way.

5. dq
    dq says:

Congratulations on your new sewing space. It will be SO PRETTY with everything fresh and new.
    I love your red, white, and green blocks.

6. G Bial
    G Bial says:

Can't wait to see pics once your sewing creation area is completed and I have to admit I'm envious. Also anxious to see the Nordic Xmas quilt put together — the color selection is very appealing.