, , ,

WIP Wednesday: Summer Runnin’

IMG_0095-1-1
Ah, summer. That time of the year when I spend entire days in the car, just shuttling the girls from one lesson/activity to the next. Looks like nice weather out there, does it? I wouldn’t know, I’ve been in an air-conditioned car all week. LOL.
Oh, but look! I did manage to remove the paper from my completed kaleidoscope blocks and press them. And my 6-year-old helped me put them up on the design wall. Progress!! : )
And my kitchen project is proceeding. Sort of kind of. I’m building onto the top of my existing kitchen cabinets, so that they extend all the way to the ceiling. It’s been made interesting by the fact that have never built anything, ever in my life. (Please note that this has not stopped me from buying lots of power tools over the last month.) So it’s been a learning experience, but I think I’m on track. And I’m really enjoying it, so I hope to continue putting those power tools to work!

Okay, what are you working on? Let’s see it!

LINK-UP RULES:

1. Link up any blog post or Instagram photo from the past week that features an unfinished work-in-progress (WIP).
2. To link an Instagram photo, click the “Add Your Link” button below, then click on the Instagram icon at the bottom of the screen that pops up. You should then be able to select any of your recent Instagram photos. Where it says “Link,” use the URL of your Instagram feed (for example, my URL is www.instagram.com/freshlypieced). Please hashtag your IG post #wipwednesday.
3. If you are linking to a blog post, please link back here to my blog somewhere in your post.
4. Comment on at least a few of the other WIP Wednesday links, either IG or blog—commenting on the two or three links directly before yours works well to make sure everyone gets comments!
« Older CommentsNewer Comments »
  1. Lynda
    Lynda says:

who wouldn't love a gift certificate to the fat quarter shop – the biggest problem would be deciding just how to spend it – I would buy something that I normally would not due to affordability! In other words, SPLURGE!

2. Brandy Pettit
    Brandy Pettit says:

Ah, congratulations on the acquisition of power tools! I worked as an electrician during summers for my uncle's shop, and I just love power tools, well, most any tools. I really look forward to having a garage so we can keep tools at our house again, my husband has to keep his at work! Speaking of tools, that thread is GORGEOUS, love those colors. Aurifil is a staple sewing tool in my sewing room. I'll get a link up of my WIPs as soon as I get home tonight!
    ~Brandy
    pamperedpettit.blogspot.com
    brandizzle7133@gmail.com

3. Alexis
    Alexis says:

I love that quilt! It's like eye candy. Good luck with your cupboards. I think it's awesome you're just diving in and doing it yourself. I think I'd be way too intimidated.

4. Lorinda
    Lorinda says:

I would have never thought to extend my cabinets up to the ceiling, but now I want to do it! I can't wait to see your finished project- it's going to look amazing. Thanks for the link-up; what a great giveaway from FQS!

5. suzanprincess
    suzanprincess says:

Love your quilt! I've gone from disliking pinwheels to putting one in plaids high on my to-do list. And I could definitely use that Fat Quarter Shop certificate to help me along.

6. 5elementknitr
    5elementknitr says:

I just found this blog through a rabbit hole in the Internets. I pinned six of your gorgeous patterns! As to my quilt WIPs… I only started recently. I have at least four quilts cut. I appear to be more enamored of cutting than the actual sewing!

7. Brenda
    Brenda says:

I really like your quilt blocks; you picked fabulous fabrics! I also enjoy looking at all of the links you have on your post. It is a fun way to spend an entire day. LOL. Recently, I have been finding all sorts of quilting blogs and following them each day. But, I have to turn off my computer quite often before I get through all of them. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

« Older CommentsNewer Comments »